What's in your save a dive kit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sitkadiver

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a really great tool box I set up for my dive gear. Becuase we do a lot of camping and fishing away from town for 2 or 3 days at a time, I like to carry extra parts in my boat. (On the work boat I dive from, I carry even more stuff, like back-up regs and sometimes an extra dry suit.)

For your double hose regs, if you were take a long weekend, what would you throw in your spares kit? My tool box is pretty complete so I can do minor repairs to the gear, the compressor, the boat or even a 4 wheeler. As of yet, however, I haven't focused on any of my double hose regs. I carry extra o-rings and port plugs for my single hose stuff already.

I'm thinking a LP seat, spring, a c-clip, sintered filter and 1 extra hose.

Can anyone suggest something more I should absolutely have with me if I'm going to be in BFE for an extended time?

I always like to have some tools, like a screwdriver, pocket knife, etc. On O-ring kit, my first aid kit, an extra regulator, spare tanks, and that would do me for my diving. For the weekend, I'd like to have a bit more, along what you're talking about (although I don't for foresee having a compressor anytime soon).

SeaRat

I have a boat box with an array of spare parts for most regulators, modern and vintage.

Besides various other tools (wrenches, hex keys, screwdrivers for dis-assembly for vintage stuff, I usually carry the following:

Circlip pliers, sintered filter, various o-rings, brass picks, pliers, extra duckbill (if not using a duckbill eliminator), heavy duty zip ties, IP gauge, extra diaphragms, extra 2nd stage deal and hp seat.

I usually try to have a small bag to keep everything in that mentioned above.

If i'm shore diving then I keep my large spare parts case in my trunk so there is plenty of room. I usually don't bring everything on a boat charter with me or if i'm i'm traveling by plane.

I will be with him onshore if the dive gets scrubbed due to gear failure. No worries there is always another day to dive. Having a nice cold beer while staring out at the Pacific Ocean sounds good to me.

FWIW I carry a fairly extensive save-a-boat-dive kit. Got spark plugs?

What Macado said + a church key.

I will be with him onshore if the dive gets scrubbed due to gear failure. No worries there is always another day to dive. Having a nice cold beer while staring out at the Pacific Ocean sounds good to me.

FWIW I carry a fairly extensive save-a-boat-dive kit. Got spark plugs?

Yup, got spark plugs. I have a 7 gallon bucket with a waterproof lid that has all the boat stuff in it: Spark plugs, extra VRO, hand held, flares, first aid stuff, fire starters etc. We call them "F**ck it buckets" up here - "If the boat sinks and you have say f**k it, make sure you grab your bucket."

Beer? Really? Like you would have to remind me..... HA HA

Glad Macado said cir-clip plier and duckbill.... I'll put those in as well...

I tend to take most of the same stuff as Macado, but with some differences.

I definitely find a need for a small IP gauge.

I used to take extra duckbills, but I have been replacing all my duckbills with DBE (duckbill eliminators).

Instead of taking internal regulator parts, I have opted for taking extra regulators. At least once I have replaced an HP seat on the field, but my philosophy in general is that when I go out on a dive trip, I want to dive not to service regulators.

I normally take at least one extra DH regulator, but mostly as a loaner… and several friends have borrowed it.

I may also take an extra single hose regulator, which has saved a dive for several friends.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom