Conshelf 12 First Stage Hose Routing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am about to dive this recently acquired Conshelf 12 1st stage after a recent rebuild and seems the HP and LP ports are strangely configured.

20130727_183034.jpg

SPG / HP Port 3/8" which I have an adapter to 7/16" at 3'oclock in the photo.

The rest are all LP Ports 3/8".

2nd Stage at 9 o'clock
Octo at 7 o'clock
Inflator at 5 o'clock

Seems this is the best I can do with hose routing? Any suggestions? Looking rather awkward. Wondering if this was the intended hose routing configuration for this model of Conshelfs.

Would appreciate any advise / comments

The Conshelf family of regulators was introduced (in the 1960’s) long before the common use of the octopus or the LP inflator hose.

The early US Diver’s inflator hose (from the 1970’s) was designed to route under the right arm and attach to the horse collar in the bottom right of the BC.

In many of the early octopus routing configuration, the alternate second was routed under the left arm so that air sharing can be done with the two divers swimming side-by-side. Even in the face to face position, the “right hand alternate second” under the left arm of the donating divers works well for the receiving diver (the regulator is right side up).

The later Conshelf’s port location have been relocated to fit better with the latest “standard hose routing”, but they can all be made to work… just not a clean.

Note: the internals of all the Conshelf are basically the same.

What you are doing is about the best for that configuration.

Last edited:
Buy a tee adapter and position it at 12 o'clock for the 2nd and the BC inflater, route the octo under your right arm and the spg under your left. That is how mine is rigged except I don't use an octo.

A port at 12 o'clock is just a matter of how the regulator is positioned on the tank Use only 3 ports, put the tee in the port where the 2nd stage is. Position the spg at 6 o'clock and the octo at 7 o'clock and plug the 4th port. Yours is a later Conshelf than mine which has only 3 ports, 1 hp and 2 lp. Your's does have a goofy port configuration, sometimes I wonder what the designers were thinking.

The later Conshelf 12s were configured the same as the Conshelf 14s. The way I route my Conshelf 12 and 14 hoses is thus: The HP SPG hose is positioned to the right and the SPG goes under my right arm. My primary regulator hose goes over my right shoulder. The inflator hose goes over my left shoulder and the secondary reg (3 ft) hose goes under my left arm. It isn't "the standard" but it works well and I like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom