Help with ID. . . FOR SALE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pico1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, looking for help ID-ing a year and value for a waterlung sportsways 1st and 2nd stage I picked up. Apparently I'm not allowed to post attachments?? So PM me for pics or if interested in buying.

2nd stage is numbered S- 14334 and has a plunger button that I'm guessing is for the purge. It also has buckles that I'm assuming is for a strap. The hose is present, but only around 2ft long.

Don't know too much about vintage gear, so any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Any name on the front of the second stage? There were quite a few models throughout Sportways run. Go to vintagedoublehose.com and look in the download section for Sportsways catalogs to see which model you have. Value is meager, check eBay once you get the model as these regs were popular and there were many around in their day. Seem they get to eBay regularly. Would like to tell you that you have a treasure, but these regs are some of the least desirable today due to lack of parts availability.

Complete writing on the front of the 2nd stage from top to bottom is: Waterlung, Sport Diver, Nav - Appr., S-14334, Sportsways inc, Paramount Calif. I'm an antique reseller, so I know treasures are few and far between. A got it in a bundle deal, so I don't have too much into it. I'll check that site, thanks for the help! Let me know if this info helps with ID. Thanks!

Two possibilities:

file_zps43e33c14.jpg

file_zps53e4d2b2.jpg

Regs are 1960s.

As stated before, they are seen on eBay regularly. Sellers ask anything, but most sell in the $25 range, if they sell.

Waterlung Sport diver
Part# 1301
New price $49.95

First and cheapest model made by Sportsways- Yours has a high serial number limits value and indicates late production run.

It is certainly not a "Treasure." Current value ? $10.00 to $20.00--

SDM

wow, you guys are great! Thanks for all the help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom