SP Air1 schematic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacked_72

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just got my first Air1 off of ebay and I'm looking for a schematic for it. If the diaphragm isn't bad, I'd hate to damage it taking the thing apart.

If there is a schematic floating around, could someone point me to it?

If you send me a PM with your email, I can send you a pdf file with the schematic for the Air-1.
There are not a lot of details, it is just a schematic.

Can send SP Air1 repair info Email litremeter@talktalk.net SP AIR 1.jpgif that helps

I'll look for the diagram, but I also have some photos from some fun I had with my A.I.R. I last year. I serviced it, and also set it up as a single regulator off twin tanks. I had to use a diaphragm first stage for one so that it was easy to match first stage interstage pressure settings.

Be extremely careful removing the clip that holds the diaphragm in place. Make sure you do not put the small screwdriver into the diaphragm and make a hole in the diaphragm removing the clip. Work on the top part of the clip, and not the part which holds the diaphragm down onto the sealing surface (see the clip below).

This setup, with one second stage fed by two first stages worked extremely well. This is the best performance for this regulator, as there is a huge "pool" of interstage air to feed the second stage. Scubapro in their manual recommended this setup for extremely deep or demanding work dives.

I've also shown the performance curves from the Navy Experimental Diving Unit for use of a single first stage, and the different ports. The use of the five port shows the regulator second stage mounted on the top port, and shows improved performance too.

SeaRat

Attachments

• IMG_8360.jpg
    IMG_8360.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8361.jpg
    IMG_8361.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 47
  • AIR I Mk V (5 Port).jpg
    AIR I Mk V (5 Port).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 49
  • AIR I Mk V (4 port).jpg
    AIR I Mk V (4 port).jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1586.jpg
    IMG_1586.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 47
Guys, thanks for the offers of sending the manual and schematics. I've sent PMs and emails. My PMs seem to be acting funny, so I don't know if they made it through.

With regard to the diaphragm cover, does it just unscrew? It seems like it would, but I feel like I read somewhere that it was unusual. Mine must be on pretty tight if it does unscrew and I don't want to force it and possibly break something if it does not unscrew. Thanks.

The cover doesn't unscrew, but does rotate out of the retaining holes. You need a "D" ring (I used two allen wrenches held tightly together) to apply enough force to rotate them so that the cover can come out. It doesn't rotate much, but must be rotated counterclockwise to get it out the holes. The reason it turns hard is that there is a large O-ring behind the cover which seals it to the case, and it becomes less easy to rotate when it is older. You have to compress the O-ring as you turn it. Once out, lubricate the O-ring with silicone grease and it will allow the cover to turn more easily.

SeaRat

Last edited:
Is this what you are looking for?

SP AIR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom