What is wrong with this regulator ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't that be better asked of the seller? He clearly states it does not work but also does not elaborate.

I can see at least 745 things wrong with it.

I think the question is "what looks wrong". The label is upside down and 1 tinnerman is green while the rest are black...oh and the price, while rare, it's not that rare.

That is an original Broxton Ave. (also know as original Trademark) regulator, but it has a Dacor hose loop.

The label is in very good shape. The green label was the third (out of four) color labels and it was around between 1952 to 1953.
I don't know why some of the labels are up-side-down, but I have seen this before. I think it was just a factory error, which could add to the collectors value, but I am not sure about that.

Over all it looks in very good shape, but the hose loop is definitely wrong for a collector (or for a diver, I would never dive with that hose loop).

A lot of the hoses/mouthpiece loops of that era for the DA Aqualung were one-piece, and if deteriorated would have to be thrown away and the entire loop replaced. This is probably what happened here. Dacor came out with the first hose/mouthpiece system with non-returns in the loop. But they were small and caused further breathing resistance. So I agree with Luis on this one.

The clips have been either removed and put back on, or loosened as one is out-of-place. Hopefully there is a diaphragm, and you might want to ask about that.

The regulator is probably in very good shape, and at a lower price would be a good one to pick up. But $745? I don't think so. Make an offer and see what happens.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom