Healthways Air Flo reg with adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Here is a recent acquisition that I'm happy to have. How many here have one? And does anyone have a valve that was made specifically for this first stage?

AirFlo2.jpgAirFlo.jpg

Don, I don't have one, nor have I ever seen one. But I did remember seeing it in ads when it came out. I don't think I have a copy of and ad or catalog of it though.

John

Really, I would have guessed if anyone had info on it it would be you :wink: But thanks John.

Don

1970 fiirst year. 1st stage is very hard to come by. Sea Hunt Hog Jerry has one. See catalog scan.

70HWAYSCAT001.jpg

I worked at Health Ways at that time. Not bad regulators.

Thanks for the scan, Mike! I really like this reg and its simple design. I'm considering adapting the first stage to inflate my drysuit when diving a single stage DH reg using a banjo. I've seen posts either here or elsewhere where the idea was considered at length.

Mdb,

How long did you work at Healthways? I have several HW regs and really appreciate the simplistic design to their DH regulators. John does too, but I'm sure you already know that.

Thank you,

Don

Thanks for the scan, Mike! I really like this reg and its simple design. I'm considering adapting the first stage to inflate my drysuit when diving a single stage DH reg using a banjo. I've seen posts either here or elsewhere where the idea was considered at length.

Mdb,

How long did you work at Healthways? I have several HW regs and really appreciate the simplistic design to their DH regulators. John does too, but I'm sure you already know that.

Thank you,

Don
Hi Don I worked at the old Healthways for 2.5 years. They had their own repair bench and did a good job keeping regs repaired.

Welcome back Mike...You have been missed. Thanks for posting the advertisement for the Airflo regulator. I assumed you would have a copy and I was correct

That was one of the few pictures in the Healthways catalog that did not feature (Morgan) Clint Degn as a model. I wonder who was the model for the "Airflo?"

By 1970 Clint had out lived his modeling days. Clint and Colonel John D Craig established one if not the first UW photo store "PhotoMarine" in So Cal. Too early in the market and in a few years closed it's doors

Mbd..Do you know who the young model was ?

Mbd...at that time (1970 -1973) was Dick Kline president of Healthways? or had he passed away? Several of us here in So Cal who knew Dick are baffled as to the year when he went to the big dive manufacturing company in the sky.

Also at that time were the following people working at Heathways?
Dick Anderson?-- or has he gone with Charlie to DEEP?
Sona (or Sonja) Winset (S)--a secretary
Bill Mc Donald-- sales
The outside salesman?? knew him well can't recall his name

The individual who departed Heathways to create an emerging DEMA on a percentage of gross. Also I can't recall his name (CRS!!)but knew him and his wife Shirley. He built up DEMA and was soon making 250 K + a year -- at which time the powers of DEMA let him and Shirley who was a DEMA employee go...Then big DEMA lawsuit. Last contact they were retired to the California mountains --just can't recall his name? Can you?

The passage of so many years dims the memory as does advancing age

SDM

Healthways Airflo Scuba Regulator Photos by wb2glp | Photobucket

Here are pictures of one I had a while back. Complete in original box. You can see pictures of the valve you reference.

Thanks for the reply and link. I have a feeling I'll be searching for something like that for a while. Did you ever dive it?

If anyone here currently has a valve like this or a gage that they would consider letting go of please PM me.

Thank you,

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom