Doubles Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have not seen this before but XS-Scuba has a center of manifold, single regulator doubles manifold... don't know the price.

XS Scuba PVD Manifolds

I figured it would be especially interesting for double-hose divers.

Attachments

• Vintage Manifold.jpg
    Vintage Manifold.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 482
Have to be real careful getting the tanks on that !!!.....

yep, trying to see if the spacing is the "modern" distance. Haven't had the incentive to research it as I picked up a USD and the bands for Navy 100's can work with 7.25" tanks. Paired up a set of AL63's on it. The XS one is missing the J-valve though, so likely want a modern DH that can accept a pressure gauge (then again, a banjo could do the trick).

Like the looks of it..... would go sweet with my Kraken...

Just curious, who would want to use it and why? More air, therefore easier to get close to or past NDL, but without the benefit of proper redundancy... sounds like trouble. But, there is probably something I do not understand.

yep, trying to see if the spacing is the "modern" distance....

It uses today’s standard 215mm/8.46" spacing for 7¼" tanks.

Just curious, who would want to use it and why? More air, therefore easier to get close to or past NDL, but without the benefit of proper redundancy... sounds like trouble. But, there is probably something I do not understand.

There is no redundancy because it only supports one first stage regulator, can’t isolate cylinders, or cross-connect them. It is primarily used for more gas than a single. The main reason for the post is double hose regulators need to be centered… this is the Vintage Forum.

Edit:
... The XS one is missing the J-valve though...

So do the ones the US Navy has been using for decades. They look almost identical.

Last edited:
Very similar to the ones used at the Neutral Buoyancy Lab at NASA in Webster, TX. Theirs are the USD ones the Navy uses. Looks like someone wants to get in the government's pocket.

The navy solid double manifold has the j-valve. Most of the navy 80 cf tanks I have ever seen all use j-valves as well. They seem to like J valves as a reserve as they feel a diver may misread or be unable to see his gauges in a blackwater situation or where a flashlight failed. The j-valve the navy uses is expensive as heck. The one shown above is something I would not be interested in diving unless I was using a DH reg with a HP port for an spg. The only other option is using a banjo on it for an spg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom