Sportsways navy unit w/ J Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBarney72

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for some help, if possible. While going thru my late Father-In-Law's belongings for my wife, I ran across his dive equipment. He had several regulators that were well used, but ran across this unit that is in VERY good condition along with his tank that just passed it's first hydro since 1987.

It's a Sportsways Waterlung Stage 1 Navy Unit, with no serial number, says patent pending. Has the built in "J" Valve. Anyone know where I may find a service manual for this reg. I'd like to open it up and inspect with the hopes of diving it once I get new hoses and verify diaphragm integrity. Also, could this be coupled with a modern Stage 2 Reg.?
IMG_20140915_135438_460_zps51bf278d.jpg
IMG_20140915_135357_102_zpse2d4435e.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info John! Looks to be two LP ports and one HP port. There is another next to the HP port that looks like a safety relief?

Yes, that is a over pressure relief valve. Best leave it in as the second is an upstream regulator. Fun regs to play with and rebuild. Hopefully the seats are OK as they have become hard to find.
Welcome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom