Bucket List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dead dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
What dive spots do you have on your bucket list ?
One of mine is to dive with Platypuses down under in Tasmania, Australia. :shark:
What are some of your dive spots are on your bucket list ?

Bill
dead dog :yeahbaby:

platypus-diving-tasmania-australia.jpg

Therese no place on earth you would like to go diving before you kick the bucket ?

More of a bragging right than really a bucket list, but living in North Carolina, I take a group of divers to New York (Chazy Lake and Lake Champlain) each year to do some ice diving. So the bucket list item (ice diving) has been filled. But to elaborate on that, I really want to go to the upper most part of the North Pole and the southernmost tip of the South Pole. Then I could brag and say I have dove on top of the world. I could even say I have dove under the world (although this doesn't make much sense, diving under the world, but you get the point). Further more, taking away the conventional scuba aspect, I still would love to sub it down to the bottom of the Mariana Trench (now that's deep diving, bet PADI doesn't have a specialty certification for that).

Having just been diving for a little over 2.5 years, my list would be long.

I do most of my diving here in the cold water of California but I have been to Cozumel, Maui and Panama City Beach for some warm water diving.

I was trying to create a bucket list but the B got all mixed up with an F so you know how that one turned out!

Galapagos, although the water temperature is a turn off. I'm primarily a cold water/drysuit diver, but the thought of paying lots of money and travelling a long way to dive in anything less than tropical conditions puts me off a bit.

There are a few other places, but as I get older, I'm less inclined to deal with the bull**** that inevitably comes with travelling in the developing world. I've done my time with a backpack, haggling over a bottle of shampoo. Over it.

Norway! (I live here but d*mn there are a lot of spots)
Maelstromdiving in Saltstraumen (The largest Maelstrom in the world) Diving in Saltstraumen - Saltstraumen Dykkecamp
Wreckdiving in Narvik Harbour. At least 15 wrecks from WWII in AOW depths. Startsida
Wrecks in Alta
The Runde Treasure. The remnants of Akerendam. VOC ship Akerendam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Naturedives at Runde
Wrecks on the west side of Norway. www.norwaydiving.net (Everything from 6m to 110...)
Nudidiving at Gulen Diveresorts Housereef
Støylsdiving (Mountainfarm that has been submerged) Exciting find in Lygnstøylsvatnet
Cavediving in the Plura caves. (One of the worlds deepest sump caves with a traverse with max depth 132m and length around 3km) Pluragrotta ved Mo i Rana | Universitetet i Bergen

And of course, the foreign ones:
Phillipines
Indonesia
Maldives
Truk Lagoon
Egypt

But seriously... does anyone need more than Norway????

(Said the girl who just this evening booked a trip to Egypt and is leaving on sunday)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom