Johnson Air-bouy 1960 vintage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings, I am the owner of a Johnson Airbouy that needs a new owner. The unit is complete, all hoses and masks are in excellent condition, very flexible and in all around great shape. I have used this infrequently and unfortunately the pull cord return no longer returns, I think it's an easy fix but in addition to this the filters have [FONT=arial, sans-serif]deteriorated but I replaced them with home made foam filters but they are not so good. The orange float still holds air and the dive flag is still with it, it's a complete unit. It's been used most recently to patch holes in a pool liner.
I would appreciate to hear from anyone with an interest, local pickup or drop off would obviously be best. The original owners were an aunt and uncle of mine who were avid divers and it came to me when they passed. I'm in my 60s now and likely will never use this again.

[/FONT]

Hi David,
I was just surfing the web and came across your post. Is the unit still available. I used one as a kid in the 70's and thought it might be cool to use one with my son now. Please let me know the details if still available. Cost, location etc. I am Massachusetts about 30 miles east of Boston.
Thank you
Eric

Hi David,
I was just surfing the web and came across your post. Is the unit still available. I used one as a kid in the 70's and thought it might be cool to use one with my son now. Please let me know the details if still available. Cost, location etc. I am Massachusetts about 30 miles east of Boston.
Thank you
Eric
Eric,

I still have it and as good shape it's in I would be concerned about using it with a child without first having it gone through. Like I mentioned all the foam filters are gone. I made some and did use it for pool patching 5 or 6 years ago but I would not be confident in using it now.

From what I understand the masks and hoses are what go but mine are quite nice and flexible. I live in northern NJ so it would be quite a trip for delivery or pickup and not sure if it's worth it but I will let you decide how to proceed. dave_malcolm@msn.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom