The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving (New Revised Edition 1970)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aikiguy

Contributor
Reaction score
On the blue parts, not the brown or green parts.
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a book that has come to me.

The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving (Revised Edition)
By The Council for National Co-Operation in Aquatics

It is in great condition.

Free to the First Person that wants to pay for the postage to send it to them.

It seems like a great addition to some of you that collect vintage gear. Most of the drawings are very vintage. I live on a boat and don't have room for it.

Guy
:)

For anyone who does not have this book, I would encourage you to take Guy up on his offer. I have two editions of this classic, and so don't need it. But it is a great reference.

SeaRat

I have a book that has come to me.

The New Science of Skin and Scuba Diving (Revised Edition)
By The Council for National Co-Operation in Aquatics

It is in great condition.

Free to the First Person that wants to pay for the postage to send it to them.

It seems like a great addition to some of you that collect vintage gear. Most of the drawings are very vintage. I live on a boat and don't have room for it.

Guy
:)

Guy; Great offer-I no longer have my classroom copy from 1972. Will gladly pay the postage for this classic michael_brennan65@yahoo.com.

Last edited:
Rats!
Got here late.
It was my first diving textbook for the class in the '70's.
I lost it in a move about 20 years ago.

No worries....
ebay, half.com, Abebooks.com, and is your friend.

Chug
Still hates yes gas laws.

I learned on the 1974 edition. IMO Next to the NOAA Diving Manual, this is the best text on scuba diving education. A must for every diver's library.

I learned with this book in 1970, four years before I got certified.

(New) science of Skin and SCUBA Diving

One of the better dive training manuals was the "Science of Skin and SCUBA" diving series. Over the years I managed to acquire all editions, hard cover and paper back.

A list of all editions that I am aware and have in my dive library is as follows:

The Science of Skin and SCUBA diving

1957- LCCC # 57-11601- (hard cover)=306 total pages

1959- revised edition LCCC # 57-11601-(hard cover)=306 total pages
```````````````````
* NOTE Title changed to; "The NEW Science of Skin and SCUBA diving."

1962-LCCC # 62-9376=208 (hard cover) total pages
1962-LCCC # 62-9376=208 (paperback) total pages

1967-LCCC # 67-14583=224 total pages

1968-ISBN # 0-8096-1548-3 (hard cover) = 224 total pages
1968-ISBN # 0-8096-0453-1 (paper back) = 224 total pages

1974- ISBN # 0-8096-1876-1 2 (hard cover)=87 total pages
1974- ISBN # 0-8096-0472-8 (paper back)=287 total pages

1980-ISBN # 0-695-81424-9 (hard cover) = 301 total pages
1980-ISBN # 0-695-81346-3 (paper back) = 301 total pages

~~~ Any one have any additions or corrections ? ~~~

It would be advisable for all entering the world of vintage diving to acquire a copy of the pre 1974 editions which concentrates on double hose diving. They are relatively inexpensive and can be found in many of the used book merchants inventory.

It is strongly urged that all who are in vintage diving entering into vintage diving master all the exercises identified and illustrated in the Science or NEW science of Skin and SCUBA or from any number of equally well presented pre 1970 dive instructional books .

"The Science of Skin and SCUBA diving," the first two editions,1957 & 1958 are becoming increasingly very rare and if located should be purchased immediately.
SDM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What ever happened to that modern late model tube sucking bubble blower who was preparing a "double hose Skin and SCUBA diving course?"
And the movement for all who participate should or would be required to enroll in his PADI course?

SDM

Last edited:
I was certified in 1988 through the YMCA. That (one of the editions) was our textbook for the class.... still have my classroom copy, as well as a early edition I obtained for DH information...

Back
Top Bottom