Seeking Thread Sizes for DA Aqua Master

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
In looking at Fred Roberts' 2nd Edition book entitled 'BASIC SCUBA' page 172, does anyone have any info on the thread sizes, lengths, etc. for the following parts:

Item # 36 Part # 1010-03 Screw
Item # 30 Part # 1004-09 Nut
Item # 7 Part # 1000-22 Circlip

I want to order some repl stainess steel parts from McMaster-Carr.

???

I went back and researched my back orders from McMaster-Carr for double hose reg parts.

I believe the Part #36 Screw that holds the Support Legs in place is as such:
Mc-Master-Carr Part #92290A224
Description: Metric 316 SS Socket Head Cap Screw M5 Thread, 10mm Length (0.3937 inches) .8mm Pitch, Sold in Packs of 25.

My goal is to find commerical sources for as many of the screws in the Aqua Masters as I can from sources such as McMaster-Carr, etc.

I'm looking to find SS replacements so that anyone (incl myself) seeking or needing to replace any of their screws can do so painlessly and easily.

Nothing metric in an Aquamaster. I believe the horseshoe support screws are 8-32 X 3/8 inch available at Home Depot or any hardwhare store. The second stage poppet nut is 6-40, not too common, a little harder to find. Mcmaster Carr may have them. The circlips in stainless are expensive and usually only in large numbers from Mcmaster Carr, but circlip for a Conshelf is the same.

Just so no one that reads this forum post gets confused. I have sourced EVERY piece of hardware for the USD double hoses. They are all available in quantites 0-1000 directly from me.

The 2nd stage poppet is held in place by a brass nut and is a special size. I had them reproduced from the original.

The screws for the hose clamps are an unusual length and I had those sourced from a specialty fastener company.

With the newer hoses and duckbills being a bit thicker you need to use a slightly longer screw to get a good fit. But if you are doing a restoration I have the real deal.

I could go on and on about this subject but the leg work is done.

You can buy many of the standard sized items through McMaster-Carr and other companies but most people do not want to buy 50 to 100 pieces when they only need one or two.
I'm easy to contact if you need more information.

OWIC647,
Its much more cost-effective to purchase a box of screws for $5-6/100 then pay $1 ea. Plus, with onlu buying 6/$6.00 you still have 94 'spares.'

ScoobieDooo:
OWIC647,
Its much more cost-effective to purchase a box of screws for $5-6/100 then pay $1 ea. Plus, with onlu buying 6/$6.00 you still have 94 'spares.'

The parts in question ARE INCLUDED in all my rebuild kits for regulators that use them. But if you just need a truck full of them lying around or are unable to purchase kits from me, here are the McMaster-Carr part numbers for the available pieces.

91794 A114 SS Fillister Head Slotted Machine screw 6-32 thread 1/4" length PKG= 100 EA/PK $3.34 per package.

91580 A151 Stainless Steel internal retaining ring for 1/2" bore diameter PKG 10 EA/PK
$8.49. ( I no longer use this ring as the tension level is inconsistant with them. My current ones are being produced by a specialty clip manufacturer that can guarantee standards)

Nut 6-40 hex nut 1/4" across the flats and 1/8" thick. I could never find this EXACT nut. Some copies were very close but were made from low quallity brass compounds and the quality was not there. The ones I have now are made for me by a specialty fittings company in California.

Well thanks Bryan,
I'd love to give you my orders but apparently business is of such that you didn't need my purchases! lol!

Thanks Bryan, it is wonderful that you give all that info, I have access to much of those specialty fasteners but I prefer to get them in a Complete Rebuild Kit from the folks that did all the leg work to get ALL the parts as close to original as possible, folks such as yourself and several others. I think it is important to support small companies that do such things as this because then the more complex items like reproduced hoses and mouthpieces etc then also become possible.
My time is expensive and short of supply, it simply is not cost effective for me to scounge up individual items or for me to make my own when I can get a complete set for reasonable pricing from you and others. I suggest that others do the same. Thanks to all who support vintage efforts. N

Back
Top Bottom