Seeking a nice used Aqua Master DA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScoobieDooo

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am seeking an Aqua Master DA in nice to EC w/o all the hassles of an eBay auction. eBay auctions require too much time watching the auction process and I normally end-up either paying too much for an item or losing it because of bidding too little.

So, in an effort to simplify the process -

Anyone who has a DA for sale plse e-mail me what you have for sale, pics, and bottom-line price of what you want for the reg. I'm willing to pay top-dollar for a reg in VGC to EC.

Thanks!

I bought one that was in sad shape. I was going to scavenge it for parts but I took pity upon it and decided it needed yet another life. It is not perfect, it has some scratches, a few tiny dents I have massaged away and some corrosion I cleaned off. It has a excellent diaphram, rebuild kit including sintered filter, it has excellent hoses, new duckbill and mushrooms and the mouthpiece is in good shape. It breaths OK but is still in need of some tweakage! I Have been concentrating on my other DA (for the vintage dive trip) and it took me several times to get it where I thought it should be. It has the plastic ratchet clamps on the hoses sold by one of the vintage suppliers. This old fellow should do very well with a touch more work. It breaths OK, I have had it in a pool.
Unfortunetly, if I sold it it would require 350 dollars US cash and an absolution from the Pope or the purchaser that they understand it is a collectors item only and intended for a wall hanging, other uses are at one's own discretion, if I was to sell it that is and I am sorta getting partial to it.
There have been quite a few DAs on ebay as of late, enough so the price has dropped on the bidding, of course, by the time you get all the bits your probably back in the price range where I am with the "old fellow" mentioned above.
There is another rebuilder other than the two others you have mentioned who has experience and time doing this. He posts on the vintage diving board, perhaps you should contact him for a ready to go unit. N

Who may that be?

I have secured a very nice DA from Dan at Vintage Scuba that has been rebuilt, has new hoses, valves, etc. The chrome is indeed VERY nice (and so was the price). Dan states that its a good breather. Should have it in several days.

I do see several DA's and Royal's on eBay now. I may just pick up a 2nd one for parts or for my wife.

Just so as you can see what one looks like that was about ready for the dumpster and now has been given a new lease on life. And yes, those are brand new hoses, cool huh?! N

Thanks, it was filthy and even had a mud dauber nest in it. It is now clean and rebuilt and all polished up and in fine shape and proud once again to wear the gold crown of the AquaMaster!
Any number of metal polishes can be used on chrome but make sure it is in fact safe for chrome and brass, not all are. I actually have six double hosers now, I think I posted a pic somehwere. I plan on my other DA being my workhorse in the upcoming vintage dive and supplement it with the Mistral and Royal Aquamaster. This DA and another Mistral I have are for sell---possibly. My junk is better than most peoples good stuff and neither of them I classify as junk so that means they really are quiet decent. I may dive this DA some in Fla., just have to see how it goes, I think the clear freshwater will be a nice rebaptism for the old fellow. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom