Photos from the end of the Ogden Point Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkH

Contributor
Reaction score
Vis was around 20-30 feet today (and nice and sunny on the surface). I was surprised not to feel any current. A small female wolf eel swam out of nowhere and kept bumping against my mask. She coiled around my neck, rested her head on my pony bottle and hung out like that for half of the dive. When I came to her stop she got off and swam away. Too lazy to swim I guess. We're pretty spoiled to have a shore dive like this. The only nasty part is the hike out there.

Cool pic's, especially the wolf eel! Very nice!

are you luring the wolf eels out or are they friendly enough to come out on their own out of curiousity? very cool pics as usual. The local wolf eels only come out with some sort of food persuasion but for the past few months they have relocated.

Les:
are you luring the wolf eels out or are they friendly enough to come out on their own out of curiousity? very cool pics as usual. The local wolf eels only come out with some sort of food persuasion but for the past few months they have relocated.
No, this one just swam up to me. I'm sure someone has been feeding her though. I can't see a wolfeel swimming up to a diver for any other reason. The "main" wolf-eel group (at the second corner) are always being fed so they often swim up whether you have food or not.

I wonder if that's the same eel I ran into my last time there. Came out of nowhere and ran straight into my mask. Don't know who was more surprised - me or her. Not exactly the most comforting face to have thrust at your head! She followed us like a lost puppy for about 10 minutes and then disappeared.

Bryan

Cool pictures! I have yet to encounter a sociable wolf eel, although I've heard lots of stories. I really like the urchin picture, too, with such wonderful color. I always enjoy your photographs.

Hmm needless to say things didn't work out between you too eh? :D

very fun...maybe he saw your avatar?

Thanks for keeping us up to date on the coast Swank, always enjoy your pics, I hope to make it out next month, mabey I can get a tour?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom