Off to Port Hardy!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
Hi All, I've been stressing & packing for my Port Hardy trip for days now & I am finally ready (I THINK!). I'll be back next weekend with a full report on the best diving in the world!!! While I'm out you can check the Captain's Log to see what we are up to!

-kate

Kate,
Have a great time! I'll be leaving the weekend you get back, so be sure to save some Pics for me to see.
:sunny:

Let us know how the trip was. I have not been out since I moved to the coast, but I have heard that the diving is great. Keep us posted.

I just dropped off the boys at the LDS for their Port Hardy trip. Turns out to be an all-male group - 9 guys - whew! glad I couldn't make it - with that much testosterone, I'd probably have had to breathe through my reg the whole way up there! :tease:

Amazing, no other female in the entire metropolitan area of over 2 million people felt up to this trip.... :huh:

According to all reports, Port Hardy was amazing. Apparently, Jacques Cousteau rated Porty Hardy the number 2 cold water dive destination in the world (Red Sea being #1). Fo those not familiar with the area, Port Hardy is on the northern tip of Vancouver Island off the western coast of Canada in the Pacific Ocean.

All the members of the group found they had to add 4 pounds because the water was so much saltier than around here (Vancouver area). On a world map, it doesn't look that far away, but the water's different!

It's a wonderful place!
Which operator are the boys going with Shadow?

-K

They went with Catala Charters, run by Jim and Cathy Witton, who have both boat charters and Bed & Breakfast.

Phone 250-949-7560.

http://www.catalacharters.net

Their group consisted of 11 people, so they were on two 27 ft boats. They stayed in three separate B&B's, arranged by Catala. There are other dive charters and accommodations in Port Hardy, but way more expensive. Everyone was pleased with the boats, operators, and the accommodations.

John's favorite dive was Five Fathom Rock, where he saw wolf eels, huge octopus and cod. The other sites didn't have as much animals, but tons of bottom life and invertebrates. More color than in Belize. Water temp about 45F.

Anyone done any diving with or heard anything about Sun Fun charters out of Port McNeil?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom