Nanaimo Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhyno87

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello folks.
I'm getting close to moving to Nanaimo and looking forward to it. Been doing a lot of research on this area and looks like there is a lot of diving on the go however, I can't seam to find a list of dates where a dive club consistently dives. The exception to the rule is Nanaimo Dive Outfitters which seams to host dives every Sunday.

I do two week work rotation then one week at home and am looking to dive as much as possible during the week I'm home. Anyone need a dive partner or know of a group of divers who get wet frequently?

Thanks a lot.

We have a group here that goes out every Thursday and Saturday. You are mire then welcome to join us anytime and I am usually available anytime myself if you want to contact me!!

We also have a group that dives in the Nanoose/Nanaimo area on a weekly, or bi-weekly, basis: Vancouver Island Underwater Explorers. All of our members are GUE trained or interested in pursuing GUE training. You're more than welcome to join us if you think this is something that might interest you!

Tmxtj/Chris, I will be sure to get a hold of the both of you when I'm at home to do some diving.

Chris, I am taking a sidemount course at the end of May and I think diving with VIUE would be a good way to continue my advancement in the diving world. The backmounters of VIUE wouldn't have a problem with this eh?

Cheers,

Chris, I am taking a sidemount course at the end of May and I think diving with VIUE would be a good way to continue my advancement in the diving world. The backmounters of VIUE wouldn't have a problem with this eh?

For sure you won't see too many GUE divers in sidemount. It doesn't really fit in with our diving philosophy, at least not unless it's an absolutely required tool. Having said that expanding your tool kit and knowledge is always a good thing. I'm sure I'll take a sidemount course some day.

Anyways, VIUE is a great group of people with some very experienced divers. I have no doubt you will benefit from the experience of diving with us, no matter what direction your diving takes you.

You shouldn't have any shortage of people to dive with here in Nanaimo. Between VIUE and NDO, there are lots of technical divers here including rebreathers. There are lots of people that dive outside of club dives too. Drop by sometime to both groups - we all love talking diving!

I did a dive with Ian's group at Ocean Explorers, dove on the Saskatchewan (in December!!)

Good outfit I thought, good people there! Only, didn't get my dive shirt that time. :(

Alright guys, thanks for the response.

Chris/NDO I'll be sure to get a hold of the both of you when I get settled in down there. I will be BMing a single until the end of May, this should get me a little familiar with the dive sites around VI.

Thanks.

Hi,

At the moment I am in Qualicum Beach & just saw a TV piece about diving at Madrona Bay, Nanoose Bay, BC. It looked awesome and while I tend towards warm water (I also live in Hawaii); I would love to meet up with people here as I will be here on & off this winter; not to mention having all the cold water gear, tanks, etc. just sitting in storage at my house in Vancouver :blinking:

Please email me at CRCurtis@Gmail.com if you belong to one of the groups that dive in this area.

Thanks.
Curtis

Last edited:
Hi, At the moment I am in Qualicum Beach & just saw a TV piece about diving at Madrona Bay, Nanoose Bay, BC. It looked awesome and while I tend towards warm water (I also live in Hawaii); I would love to meet up with people here as I will be here on & off this winter; not to mention having all the cold water gear, tanks, etc. just sitting in storage at my house in Vancouver :blinking: Please email me at CRCurtis@Gmail.com if you belong to one of the groups that dive in this area. Thanks. Curtis

There's a good chance i will be out in that area next week if your free for a dive or two. Also might head out with Sea Dragon if I don't have to work that weekend on the mainland.

BRad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom