Point Roberts - Sea Cliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, that whole Boundary Bay area has a very shallow sandy bottom with not much to see. The area you've selected does look like the most promising spot but it appears as though a 400 meter slog along the beach would be required. I'm up for checking it out sometime if nobody has information on it. It sure would be nice to have a dive site close to home for us Richmond/Surrey folk.

I work in Richmond and it would be nice to have an after work spot to go for a dive. The site looks like it may have some current. Nonetheless, if nobody knows about it, I think an exploratory dive trip is in order.

I checked it out today and there's no way of doing a shore dive here.
It's a beautiful spot and today the water was so clear it looked tropical. Access to the water is from a parking spot 200 feet above the water. There is a 15 minute steep hike down to the water on a narrow sandy path.

It would be a very cool dive as there apparently used to be a cannery and it's supporting buildings on the water there so there's probably treasure to be found. Also, the pamphlet for the park talks about a reef extending southeast from the corner. Even from the beach I could see the shape of the reef and there were lots of crabs and sole around in the shallows.

Too bad about the access... anybody got a boat?

Thanks for checking out the site. It wouldn't have to be a very long boat ride. I've been canoeing from the light house park to the southeast corner of the point. It was not a big deal at all. An easy paddle along an accessible shore... Ever dove off out of a canoe?

Hmmmmm, tempting....
Well, if we put ladders out on both sides of the canoe and we both climbed back aboard at exactly the same time, it could work!

I found a couple other potential dive sites in Pt. Roberts while I was there... going to have to wait until the weather declines a bit before trying them though as access will be difficult in the summer while Point Roberts is hopping.

Thanks for checking out the site. It wouldn't have to be a very long boat ride. I've been canoeing from the light house park to the southeast corner of the point. It was not a big deal at all. An easy paddle along an accessible shore... Ever dove off out of a canoe?

I have, but I've always pulled the canoe onto shore and then conducted a shore dive. (This was to avoid a lengthy hike). It works pretty well, however depending on the distance, temperature and conditions, you may want to wait until you've pulled onto shore near your dive site to put your drysuit on. I tried paddling across a choppy lake against the wind on a cold, cloudy day once with my drysuit on, and ended up being soaked in sweat by the time I got to the dive site.

I have, but I've always pulled the canoe onto shore and then conducted a shore dive. (This was to avoid a lengthy hike). It works pretty well, however depending on the distance, temperature and conditions, you may want to wait until you've pulled onto shore near your dive site to put your drysuit on. I tried paddling across a choppy lake against the wind on a cold, cloudy day once with my drysuit on, and ended up being soaked in sweat by the time I got to the dive site.

Funny... it never occurred to me to park and do a shore dive... you're brilliant!

Hey Guys, i'd be in for exploring pt roberts next time you go out.

any issues crossing the border with your gear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom