Anyone ever dived Little Limestone Lake in Manitoba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cliffpiper

Registered
Reaction score
So I have been looking for lakes in Manitoba to dive, whether they are frequently dived or not, and I came across this wonderful looking marl lake called Little Limestone Lake north of Grand Rapids, Manitoba. There is barely any information on this lake besides stating that it is a marl lake, which I already knew.

I was just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of diving this lake? It looks nice, with the blue water and all, and the bottom should be good as it is a limestone infested lake. If anyone has any information on this lake, like visibility and/or depth, that would be outstanding as I plan on going up there in the summer to explore it a little bit. I will be shore diving so my areas will be a little limited.

Thanks in advance!

Nope, haven't been up that way yet. The best thing for you to do is suit up and dive in, then if it's as good as you hope, post it here. I've been trying to find something decent in SW MB, but I keep ending up in sloughs. People look at me weird when I drive around the countryside wearing my drysuit and diving in obscure lakes, but it's the only way to find good dive sites, or confirm that they do indeed suck.
Good luck to ya! You'll probably be the first one in there!

Yeah, I'm hoping to be the first in. I wanna explore it a bit and be "the first". Just waiting on my wife to get her Open Water in the summer. She wants to get her feet wet.

Back
Top Bottom