REWARD OFFERED! (LOST MASK @ porteau cove)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SIR VEYOR

Reaction score
Hi all,
At the end of my second dive at Porteau Cove just south of Squamish, I lost my prescription diving mask and the snorkel attached to it. I believe it came off approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the way between the steps and the first dive buoy (closer to the buoy) and to the north of the line between them. In the general vicinity of that, there is also a large green? weight belt with a bunch of lead on it!

The mask has a Marsoops dive strap that is supposed to let it float, but with the lenses, it seems to just take longer to sink. The back of the stap has "SODA" (Southen Ohio Diving Association) on it. Plus, it's a prescription mask, so it's pretty blurry if you try to look through it. The snorkel is an Impulse Dry type (green).

If you find the weight belt and return it to Sea to Sky Ocean Sports in Squamish, I'll pay for an air fill or we can negotiate something.

If you find the mask, we can discuss what a suitable reward would be (rest assured, you should do alright). Being a tidal area, the mask is probably out to sea by now. The tide was coming it when I lost it, and nobody's called my dive shop about it.

All in all it was great day until the mask went! Saw the octopus, and Sea to Sky Ocean Sports was great to deal with. They set us up with a great guy to show us the site.
Have fun,
Sir Veyor

We are going out there 2morrow and will look again but if you lost it on an outflow tide then I have my bets that it is way gone now.

Thanks SharkmasterBC for looking anyways. I travel a lot with work, so I don't get here that often. And I don't suppose you found the weight belt out there either?

It was an inflow tide maybe 3/4 done, but I'm guessing it's somewhere out in the sound by now or the octopus grabbed it for his lair. The marsoops strap on it probably meant that it took forever to sink, and might have been caught by the outflow. Maybe a search and recovery class will find it instead of their intended targeet sometime.

And Radagalf, I'm from NS but work in the states. I'm partial to Alexander Keith's, but you might prefer Kokanee? I was going to offer to pay in 24's, but the Americans that dive up there wouldn't what I meant.
Thanks,
Sir Veyor

Well you can add my weightbelt and a Avid BCD weight bocket (black with 10 lbs in it)to the list of lost items in Porteau...I had a student loose his pocket this weekend (March 28th) so I gave away my weight belt...he ended up loosing that as well. So if anybody happens across either of these 2 items plaese PM me...or call I.D.C. 604-736-2541
I doubt it will be found until after the plankton bloom burns out :( diving there this past weekend was simillar to diving in Miso soup....all that was missing was the little chunks of Tofu... !!!

:eek:fftopic:
All those students… :bash: they cause problems all the time! Just kidding… :sigh:
Maybe the next “advanced” group… search and recovery seems to be fun (I would like to do it)...
Anyways, just wanted to say hi.
HI!
:luxhello:​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom