BC training recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks

My next goal is to get into all the artificial reefs off the coast, so to do this, I am looking for recommendations for technical instructors in BC. I have been in touch with one, but most of the shops I have looked into, it seems tec is a afterthought and only PADI is the only training available.

So I am hoping you guys and gals can help me out with your recommendations for technical instruction with the goal of deep wreck pen

I vote for Ocean Quest also.

Talk to Greg or Ken at OceanQuest - they're excellent and do Padi Tec training. Or you can call International Dive Centre in Vancouver if you want to do GUE training.

Hey Folks

My next goal is to get into all the artificial reefs off the coast, so to do this, I am looking for recommendations for technical instructors in BC. I have been in touch with one, but most of the shops I have looked into, it seems tec is a afterthought and only PADI is the only training available.

So I am hoping you guys and gals can help me out with your recommendations for technical instruction with the goal of deep wreck pen

As John mentioned, there is a large GUE community with instructors both on the island and Vancouver (and also further south in Seattle).

In addition, there are lots of private instructors for TDI and PADI around, as well as TDI affiliated shops, but they are on the coast.

BRad

I have been in touch with Guy Shockey(GUE) , Todd Powell(UTD), John Nunes ( PADI), Matt Mandziuk( everywhere) so far..Keep the recommendations coming...finding training here in the Okanagan has been difficult for anything that remotely resembles a 7ft hose

I have been in touch with Guy Shockey(GUE) , Todd Powell(UTD), John Nunes ( PADI), Matt Mandziuk( everywhere) so far..Keep the recommendations coming...finding training here in the Okanagan has been difficult for anything that remotely resembles a 7ft hose

Where abouts in the hills are you? There's also Copper Island Diving on the highway in Salmon Arm (SSI and commercial diving).

I ended up (by chance) diving a bit with Paul and a handful of others from their shop the other week while they were doing their rebreather course out on Van. Is.

BRad

I am in Salmon Arm, I live across the street from Copper Island Diving, and know Paul and crew very very well...I have gotten training with him, and continue to, but they do not offer any technical training at this point.

If I had 6k to spend on gear, I would have been with them diving the rebreathers too.. I think they mentioned they were diving with some folks from Alberta. I did ask Paul about the Xtended Range SSI, he is not able to do it at this time... And to be honest, I look at diving training like tattoos..I really want to be taught by someone that really knows what they are doing.
Some technical instructors I had the pleasure of diving with could have a shark pulling on their fins and still be in trim as they were being dragged to the bottom

I am really not interested in collecting C cards, I want to be a better diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom