Looking for dive buddies - Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gizZzmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys - new to this forum as well as the West Coast - just moved over a few weeks ago from Ontario for a new job. I have my Open water and a few cold water dives under my belt -but am still relatively new to the underwater world. I have full gear and a vehicle and am looking for other people to buddy up with for some weekend diving in and around mainland Vancouver (Porteau Cove, Whytecliff Park etc.). Feel free to msg me and hopefully we can set something up! Thanks and look forward to blowing some bubbles:D

OK cool. Let me know when you have a better idea of when. Anybody else Wana bust out that 7mm? :)

I will be down later in the summer, there is all sorts of diving inland also, in fresh water...The stuff you are used to...I am an Ontario transplant too

Go see my friends at Ocean Quest Dive Center...They will be able to help you out too

I second what Dr Dog suggestions, Ocean Quest Dive Center offers free guided Saturday morning dives, whether you want to stick with the DM's group or branch off with some others.

Hey Gizzzmo! I just joined the forum as I was searching online for potential dive buddies and I saw your post. I am quite new to diving as well, got my open water about a year ago but didn't get out as much as I liked as I didn't have a dive buddy. I am also looking for someone to go with on local weekend dives. I am looking at purchasing all the gear I need over the next few months. I live in downtown Vancouver. Shoot me a message and we can chat a bit!

I am a Travel Agent and I just moved to downtown Van near Stanley Park from Winnipeg 2 months ago and have been looking for a dive buddy for local diving as well. I m a certified Rescue Diver and have been diving for about 3 years and have lots of cold water diving experience and some Caribbean experience. I moved down here with everything except tanks and weights which I hope to get this month. Shoot me a message and we can hopefully go out for a dive sometime!

Sweet. Thanks for the reply - haven't been on the forums for a bit but PMs sent!

I started diving with Ocean Quest about two years ago and find them to be a good shop. There is also the Vancouver Area Scuba MeetUp Group but I don't know how active they are. There is also a Salmon Arm scuba meetup group if you want to try diving in the interior.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom