Diving Johnson Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Dog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
[video=youtube;mNmvH_ngFfM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmvH_ngFfM[/video]

Diving the Caribbean of BC, vis is a bit lacking due to rain and previous divers​

Thank you sir... I will go give your website an add on FB

It will be much better in the near future there...Some things are changing at Johnson, that will make Johnson a FANTASTIC dive site!! No details yet, but soon..

The viz was lacking here due to rain the night before and a couple divers not being mindful of their flutter kicking close to the silty bottom

Given our craptacular conditions of late, this has to be on my "go there" list.

Hey Dr Dog.
Can you dive this lake without staying at the resort? Like, can you pull off the road or use a day use area. I am thinking of passing through that way but they say they are full at that time (the resort that is).
thanks,
Dale.

Hey Dr Dog.
Can you dive this lake without staying at the resort? Like, can you pull off the road or use a day use area. I am thinking of passing through that way but they say they are full at that time (the resort that is).
thanks,
Dale.

Good question Dale - I'm wondering if there are good places to park and explore the lake (either dive or SUP) as well!?

Yes you can do what you want at this lake without dealing with the resort. They only own the dock and that area. The lake itself has a few access points and there is a Provincial Park that you can access.

The resort has the interesting stuff there with the trees and rocks to swim around, but the rest of the lake is still subject to the same great viz. to use the dock from the resort as well as their other facilities ( bathrooms, showers) it will cost divers 5 dollars a day.

SUP would be ok there, but be aware there are power boats on this lake

I hope you enjoyed it, I am heading up there near end of Month for a last dive there for this year, only about 90 mins away for me

Back
Top Bottom