Project Habakkuk location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have the grid coordinates or a defined location of the ice ship in Patricia Lake? Looking to head up there this Sept.
I know it's on the southern shore, at the western end somewhere. But is it half way, at the end, near that little spit??? Also know to look for tar on shore, eye bolt in ground, boards in tree as per the Alberta Underwater council vimeo link.
Thanks,
Dale.

It's a long walk, that's all I remember. I'll see if I can dig up anything more on the AUC FB page. One would think that with GPS's being around for almost 20 years now someone would have coordinates.

Thanks. If you walk can you tell the site clearly? Funny as it sounds I could easily put a wheelbarrow in my van for the trip.

I don't have the coordiantes but I would suggest doing it as a boat dive with Jasper Dive Adventures. They use a battery powered zodiac type boat to get you there. Its only $65 and you don't have to lug your gear through the forest. I've done the dive with them a few years ago and I think its worth paying the money to know that you'll find the wreck and not carrying your gear through the forest looking for tar patches.

Thanks. If you walk can you tell the site clearly?

As I recall you can.The last time I did it I went with people who hadn't been there before and I hadn't been in 20 years and we had no problem finding it.

This is all I got from the AUC FB page. When I questioned the coordinates I was told it was a "rough guess". Any any rate it looks to be about a mile from the hotel, which sounds about right-

""According to the AUC Dive Guide, roughly 52 degrees 54"10.94N, 118 degrees, 05'57.06W, then hike the horse trail 1.5 kms from motel. Watch for wooden crossbar on pine tree above, metal eyelet on ground & tar-like or asphalt substance coming up from the shore of lake. If you use a row bow, beach it, do not anchor. "

Back
Top Bottom