End of a beautiful era

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
MampP_zps7ca82efa.jpg

Merry and I just completed an incredible trip aboard the Nautilus Swell diving Vancouver Island. Story and images at A beautiful end of an era

Fabulous photos! I enjoyed the fact that I could imagine where a good many of them were taken. That area is a photographer's dream -- even I got some good shots.

If you want to go back, try God's Pocket. It's not a liveaboard, but the next best thing.

All I've got to say is "Brrrrrrrr." Heck even the fish and invertebrates looked cold. I did spend 10 days camping up on Vancouver Island one year but never hit the water!

The water temperatures they reported are much warmer than what we had on either of our trips -- we were pretty typically seeing 43 to 45. And yes, that is COLD!

Some very beautiful photos and a nice account of your trip. Sad to hear the live-aboard operation is coming to an end. Granted, I can hardly imagine myself booking a trip on a cold water live-board, especially that cold, but I'm glad it was an option for those who wished to enjoy it.

Richard.

Nice to see pictures of your own back yard from a visitors perspective. Too bad the Swell is shutting down, but lots of land based options if you want/need to come back.

Any idea why they shut down? We were dying to get on there for a dive trip.

Any idea why they shut down? We were dying to get on there for a dive trip.

$$$$. Mike Lever obviously got an offer he couldn't refuse since it was only this spring he was out at various diveshops in Alberta flogging the Swell and taking bookings, something which he never did before (show interest in the Canadian market).

Someone had a load of cash and a dream and the Swell fit into that dream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom