Feb. 28, 2015 Malaspina Point (Gabriola Island) photos/report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! My friends that used to live there have moved so I don't get to visit Gabriola like I did in the past :(

btw... what happened to swanky?
I'm using my new, adult name now. When I run for Prime Minister eventually, people would look at my old Scubaboard name, roll their eyes, and it will cost me votes.
I think in the winter when the visibility is good, Gabriola might be my favourite Gulf island for shore diving. I like the colourful, high-current marine life of the Penders, but the visibility disappoints me half the time there. Galiano has some great diving, but I've realized that every dive site there seems almost identical (which is ok, because they're good, and there are those small, solitary soft corals that I've seen nowhere else).
Anyway, Gabriola has a good variety of shore-accessible sites, great visibility in the winter (with a good chance of sea lions) and is different enough from Victoria to make me drive up to Nanaimo and take the ferry across every year or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom