Intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaynor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ever tried diving the Costa Brava? Any experiences to share?

The diving is excellent, that´s why my partner and I moved here 2 years ago, and we still have many dive sites and long cave systems yet to explore fully. There are some great cave dives and a couple of wrecks, but I spend a lot of time in the seagrass meadows where most species come to breed.

April to Sept are the best months for diving, although through winter the water is only as cold as UK waters in summer and you can see some unusual sights. Last Feb I photographed a 20 meter long siphonophore!

I dive mainly along the coast from L´Escala but also visit two marine national parks when I want to get really friendly with the massive groupers.

If anyone would like to see some photos and/or come over to dive with us at really great prices look at my website: www.kennaecodiving.net

Gaynor
:14:

Welcome (Scub)aBoard!

It’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click here for ScubaBoard 101: A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums.

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Please, do add a Profile Pic. If you’re not in a particular creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration. :wink:

Have a look at our General Europe forum.

Laurens

This message brought to you by GreetBot R/2

Yo Ho Ho!!!
Never seen a twenty meter long siphonophore, only a few short metaphores!
Don't get out much these days!
Dived the Med a lot, doesn't hold a candle to the South China Seas, I've done a bit off Pee Pee recently.
I think I joined about 5 mins before you, so I'll keep my eyes open for your posts.
All the best,
Jonnie.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Glad to have you here - look forward to more about your diving as I've never heard of that area before. You might add "Costa Brava, Spain" to the location on your profile for those of us who don't know Europe well.

A 60 meter siphonophore?! :11: I've read that they can get longer than a blue whale, but are generally found 1/2 mile down. Guess you lucked across one that rode an up current. But then, I did see a Portuguese Man of War once, gratefully from the boat.

You might put your site in your signature, but - I could not get it to work. Is there are problem....?

:cowboy: don

Thanks for the welcome folks.
Yes, it was unusual to find a siphonophore inshore - a result of the traumuntana which was really severe last winter.
Planning to dive this weekend with some guys coming over from the UK. Will keep you posted.
Gaynor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom