Diving near Lagos, Portugal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olmic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

I'll be in the Algarve from the 25th of March and the next couple of weeks. Am planning to get to do some diving at least the first week, then maybe some sailing the second week.

In Lagos I have been in contact with pt.Dive-time.net and blue-ocean-divers.de - which both arrange daily trips off/along the coast.

Does anybody have any tips and tricks wrgds to diving here? With whom to dive? Special things to be aware of/consider?

I was planning to bring my own equipment - especially the drysuit (to get more dives done with it). The water temperature should allegedly be some 16-17 C - a lot more than up here in Copenhagen (1-2 C): Any recommendation on what to wear under the suit? Up here I'm wearing 200 g/m2 thinsulate jumpsuit - but that would probably kill me in 17 C warm water... Or?

Thanks...

Hi. I hope I'm not too late.
I don't think you'll be roasting in your dry suit. I have dived in the Algarve in the summer with a NDiver flectalon 300 an in the water I was ok (with no gloves nor hat, which you can also take off if you feel to hot). But do you have a membrane or neoprene suit?

Thanks for the comment. I'm going there on Saturday, so your post wasn't too late ;-) I think I'll bring everything, including jumpsuit (will be a lot to carry) and then just adjust if it gets too hot. I have wetgloves and wethood which I can take off, so that should be okay. I don't have a wetsuit, but guess I can rent it downthere, if the drysuit is truly too much.

/Ole

Back
Top Bottom