Dragonera Island, Mallorca

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markusde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving on Dragonera Island this summer (2009) and it has been a very satisfying experience. The dive center I selected was called Aqua Mallorca Diving and it is located in Puerto Andratx, in the southwest of Mallorca, about half an hour drive from Palma.

The german staff of the dive center were friendly and helpful in general, yet a bit rigid on the regulations, e.g. the max number of passengers on the boat or having to bring a medical certification. But they were really fair with the pricing and made it easy for me to organize my group of 7 divers.

The area of Dragonera is really beautiful, set within a natural reserve. On the rocky shores the waters are about 30 to 40 metres deep and then fall off quickly into the deep blue. Water quality was excellent, with visibilities of about 25 to 30 meters. In August, the sea was very warm (27 degrees) and I was happy to dive in a 7mm wetsuit.

There was lots of marine life, yet no big fish, but lots of schools of smaller ones, including barracudas, Octopus and Sepia. See some of my pics on my homepage at No Limits Diving Blog | nolimitsdiving.com!

I was told in the dive center that they operate until end of October, which has to be a really nice time to dive and stay on Mallorca because of the low tourist season.

In total, I will for sure return next year to do some more diving on Mallorca, which has perfect touristical infrastructure, is easy to reach from all over Europe with low-cost flights, and offers some of the nicest underwater environments in the mediterranean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom