Diving in Tenerife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aine

Reaction score
Hello everyone! :)

Just wanted to see if anyone here has any experience diving in Tenerife? I will be there in a couple of weeks, and while I have found 2 diving outfits, I hate just picking someone out of a phone book! (or off the internet, just to random!) If you have had any dives there and can recommend anyone, that would be great! (Or help get me more excited and tell me about how the diving was there! :eek:ut:

I am in the same position now! Surely someoine out there has dived in Tenerife? :dazzler1:

I made one dive at Los Gigantes(sp) in jan 2000. It was a shallow dive with some interesting lava strands, an arch or two and some nice rays. Rented all my gear and was pleased with it.

Just got back from Tenerife this morning. I was only there for a week and the missus does not dive, but managed to get 3 dives in! Viz was excellent and lots of rays to stroke and feed, dolphins and whales on trip - easy to find. There is an excellent Scottish dive school in the South of the island that also offer Nitrox. They get many Dive Instructers training there. Contact David & Yvonne Taylor www.tenerifedive.com :crafty:

I would second the recommendation for David & Yvonne at Tenerife Dive Club. I just came back from 2 weeks there and 4 courses with them. Very good people and the sites are quite good. They have a stingray dive as well and the majority of dive sites are in the south of the island by their shop. They even collected me from my hotel each day which saved me from renting a car the whole time.

andydiver:
http://www.wrecknreef.com/index2.html. I dive with this lot every time iam out there. some real good fun.

Looking at Wrecknreef's DM-course. Any experienced divers who could give some input on these guys? Who are they? Language?? References, complaints???

Back
Top Bottom