La Graciosa dive centre (Lanzarote)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pufferfish_tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi fellow divers.
La Graciosa lies off the northern tip of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands and im planning a trip to dive and snorkel there. Does anyone know if the La Graciosa dive school is running, even better has anyone dived there. Iv found info that said it opened in 2009 but cant find a website, Im planning a trip this december. Any info, contacts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot

Hi, I can tell you about my expriences. We've been to Lanzarote about 3 years ago and we spent 2 days in La Graciosa. The local dive center's name was Centro de Buceo Archipelago Chinijo, I still have their email address, try to write them: c.b.archipielagochinijo@gmail.com
We asked them to book an overnight accommodation for us on the island. Graciosa is a tiny island, but there some shops, restaurant etc. We made 4 dives, the visibility wasn't that good but we saw rays, shoals of fish, big groupers, angel shark etc. Here you can see my photo gallery: La Graciosa 2009
I don't know if snorkeling is good there or not, I think the water isn't too warm in December and the sea can be choppy, much better to do the boat dives. The dive center had small but comfortable RIB, and the staff was nice. I had several dives in Lanzarote too and had nice experiences as well. Here is my article about the area, the Eastern Canary islands.
Hopefully I was able to help. Ask me if you need some more advices.

Hi ElChe

Thanks for the reply! I have emailed that address and another that i found with lineasromero but they haven't got back to me yet. I spoke on the telephone with somebody at the dive centre so they are running and they said to email - i want to know prices. Im camping on the beach so will snorkel for breakfast :D but want to do boat dives if i can, i have read the snorkelling is said to be good. I will see and find some spots. Really want to see groupers and turtles. Thanks for the advice and nice photos/articles too.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. There are really much to see under water- look out for the angel sharks.

Have got in touch with them and will be diving there in a few days time. Cant wait! Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom