Diving France with a family in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello there,

My searching here hasn't really answered my question, so here goes. Please limit answers to dive sites/companies. Conversations about medical forms, PADI compatibility, and other tangents are not welcome.

Our family of four(Wife and I, 30 dives. Boys 14 and 17, less than 10 dives) will be heading to France in early April. We're looking for a good dive area where we can hang out for about 4-5 days. We haven't booked anything(as of December) so the field is wide open. We're looking for dives of a low to medium technical nature. We just want to swim with the fishes, maybe do a night dive.

I have three specific questions:

1-Where is the best diving in all of France for people of our experiences, and where the weather is nice in April?

2-Are there any unique experiences, like a wreck above 30M, or something you could recommend?

3-Can you recommend a dive centre there, English preferred, as only our boys speak French?

Thanks
Keith

Hi Keith,

Don't wanna be a killjoy but I'm not so sure that April is the best time of year to dive in France, especially the very beginning of the month, which often windy. Anyway, I'll try to give you as much help as I can :

- I would avoid the Atlantic, too early in the season
- try the Med, futher than Marseille and try between Hyères and Lalonde les Maures (in le Var region) : there's the underwater reserve of the "Iles d'Or" (i.e Golden Islands) : Port-Cros, Porquerolles, and le Levant.You've got some of the finest diving sites in France, for all levels, especially "La Gabinière". Try it on Google, and you'll see.

I've dived several summers with this operator : http://www.ulysseplongee.fr/spip.php?rubrique3 but I'm not so sure your needs and mine are the same, nor if they're openend in April. Anyway, almost any dive center in France is able to provide services in English (more or less) so you should ind something.

Hope it helped. Be glad to help again.

Cheers,

JM.

Hello, as JMBL I think that early april is not the best period to dive, but you can go in "cavalaire", there are different dive center that will allow you to go on "la gabiniere" a very nice place, with many groupers, barracudas, octopus and morays. From Cavalaire you can also reach many wreck at different depths from 20m to much more ...
Here are three dive centers in Cavalaire : Eperlan, Mio Palmo, and Eau bleue.

Yeah, Cavalaire is a very nice place to dive from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom