Mallorca in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1RUSTYRIG

Contributor
Reaction score
I know it is off season, but what can I expect? It has to be warmer than Monterey California :D

What about bug diving in Mallorca? Do they have an open season? We will be there for two weeks.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

I went to Mallorca during february a few years back. I would say the air temp was in 60-70's at best, i do recall the hotel pool was like diving/swimming in an ice lake - colder than the UK waters i grew up in, so i would guess low 40's - brrr, the sea temp was a bit warmer though, i would guess 50's, but it was a long time ago, i wasnt a diver then and i was used to UK waters - a lot has changed since then, including my memory. I do recall it was nice and quiet though, nowhere near as busy as the summers with all the Brits aboard down there!

Thanks for the info. I guess I will be packing the semi-dry :D

The resort we are staying at has a heated pool, so no worries there.

Any other info would be appreciated.

Well, the wife said that 55 degree water temp was too cold and we could get the same temp for much less by diving Catalina :D

So it looks like we are off to the Canary Islands instead. We are going to stay at the Club De Mar in Puerto Del Camen, Lanzarote.

Anyone recommend a good dive shop? How about beach diving in the area?

Another thread that is dealing with temps in the Med, hope it provides more info to you :wink:

Canary Island seems to be much better choice than Mallorca. But don't expect a warm ocean there either. Standard temp would be 17 - 19 Centrigrades up to 22 in bays.
The outside temp can be up to 30 centigrades so it's nice.
As the diving - there was a thread about diving there if i remember well.
Mania
Used to go there every winter for some sun and warmth but that was before I was diving so I'm not much of a help on diving part.

Hi there,

I've been to Mallorca in April last year. In April we had water temperatures about 13 degrees centigrade. Outside temperatures were about 22 degrees centigrade. You'll definitely need your semi dry.
I think Canary islands is the better choice in January. But, I bet, even there you'll gonna need a semi dry :wink: ...........

I own a dive Center in mallorca, www.hippocampes.com if you want to have a look at the gallery you'll see a few shots from out there (just a few).

Med waters in this region get warmer in june but are at the coldest in january-february. External Temp is around 12-18° and water approx 15-17° max. sunny, lovely... just simply mallorca :)

Olivier

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom