Spanish dive site info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malachy

New
Reaction score
Hi fellow divers, greetings from Northern Ireland.

I am going to be in Spain travelling down the coast from Barcelona, and have managed to contact a few dive schools , but was wondering if anyone on these forums could offer some impartial and useful advice.

I am a CMAS 2 star diver with over 50 dives , but mostly in the fresh waters off Ireland :)

Looking forward to hearing from fellow enthusiasts who can recommend some good warm water in Spain.

I am also the Chairman of Strabane Sub Aqua club , so if anyone is visiting the North West of Ireland , get in touch and we would be delighted to take you on a dive.

Visit on web site at Strabanesub.co.ukhttp://www.strabanesub.co.uk

Hi Malachy,

I'm Jacob from Mermaid - diving center in Moraira, Spain.
Moraira is located 120 Km south to Valencia and 80 Km north to Alicante. also, 6 NM between Javea from north and Calpe from south.
this location makes it one of the best diving sites in Spain. with Variety of Caves, Arches and walls at different depths with a rich marine life.
At Mermaid you'll find 200 sq/m of modern facilities
comfortable class room with T.V/Video
all new and best equipment for rent and courses
2 compressors with filling pool.
showers and toilets
mini bar
storage room and lockers
shop
photography and video dipartment
and... our 7.4m rib boat with inboard diesel engine

I would like to see you here diving with us.
if you interested in more information feel free to ask.

Regards
Jacob

Jacob,

many thanks for your reply and offer to dive at your site . I am very interested, and so could you either email me at

malachy.mcgarrigle@lineone.net

with details such as your prices for various dives and perhaps also where I can get accomodation near your dive centre...

Look forward to hearing from you and to diving with you also.

hello also and thanks to the love2dive poster in texas.

Mal

If you don't have some days to diving the best is dive in The Medes, becouse is a Natural Park, with a lot of fish and caves
for this the best is start from L'Estartit and it takes you 5 minutes by ship.
Diving Center in L'Estartit
Rey del Mar
you will find this link in our web site www.josepclotas.com, you can find images from this place.

If you are interesting to go there it will be good to make as soon as posible the reservation, becouse is a very nice place and a lot of people from Europe cames for diving here.

Regards from Spain
Josep

Dear Josep,

Thanks for the info - I checked your website and the photos are great! (I am a novice underwater digital photographer, so these things are always inspiring.)

I myself am headed to Cadaques (near Figueras) in late summer. Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

Let's go diving!

Tricia

Hello Tricia

Cadaques is a nice small town, very good for holidays, the dives are very good too, similar to Islas Medas.
good choise.
We have change completly our website with more photos and you can see one part of Islas Medas and another that says Costa brava .
I hope that you licke it.
Enjoy your time in Spain and good dives.
Regards

Josep & Gemma
www.josepclotas.com

Hi Malachy,

I planned a month long trip to Spain last winter... but when we hit the north med coast the weather had better plans... so we headed south.. and kept going until the sun shone.

Spent some really fun time in Nerja (see scubanerja.com) there are plenty of good sites in and around that area. A couple of reasonable operators 30 mins up the coast at Marina del Este.

I didn't get to the Denia/Calpe area, but have heard that its worth a look too.

Regards,

Shaun
:thumb:

Hi Josep,

Nice photos! I hope I can do as well when I am there.

A "technical" question for you: I'll be going to Cadaques in late August. Will I need a full wetsuit? And a hood? Also - I have full foot fins - will they be OK there or will I need boots and strap-on fins?

Thanks!

Tricia:jester:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom