Si Tech- Glove lock?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingmob3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was looking at the Si Tech web site, and noticed that they had a new glove lock dry glove system out. Do you have any more info about this than what is on the SI tech web site? Is this going to be a similar system like the existing ring based quick seal/ dry glove hybrid? If so will it be offered as a factory option and when?
thanks,
Allen
PS- Any one have hands on experience?

Any one have hands on experience?

You mean, hands in experience.:wink:

I have not seen them, but for those who want to see more, HERE is a link to the PDF file on them.

One question I would have, I notice you have to turn the rings to secure the seal. I wonder what happens if the rings are inadvertently turned during the dive.

Funny you should ask.....we got a hold of samples recently and I have personally tried them on several dives. Having used both the old and new, I can say there is a definite difference. The new ones are certainly easier, I can get them on and off without any help. If you discover a small leak when you first get into the water, you are able to quickly disconnect and reconnect at the surface, again, with no help. Hopefully that would not happen, but I'm sure we have all had dry glove systems that are not always dry.

There is one definite down side.....are you willing to pay twice the price?? That is an honest question - we are getting a few in, but very few as the price is considerably more than the current version.

The other down side is that the 2 systems are not compatable - so if you have an existing set that is permanent - your stuck with the old ones.

Let me know if you are interested, drop me a pm and I'll see what can be arranged. I am not sure when the shipment is set to arrive, and won't know until I get back into the office on Jan. 2nd.

Until the next dive - Happy Holidays!

Tyler

You mean, hands in experience.:wink:

I have not seen them, but for those who want to see more, HERE is a link to the PDF file on them.

One question I would have, I notice you have to turn the rings to secure the seal. I wonder what happens if the rings are inadvertently turned during the dive.

If they are like the viking bayonets, it is "hard" for them to turn on their own... I would say impossible. But I don't know for sure because I only own the bayonets. But I like the looks of the new st's. Not sure it's worth me switching, but I'd like to see them in action.

Chris

Ouch, 2X the existing price is a lot! My current hope is that the price will come down a bit over the next few months, I received a check for the holidays that had "Dry suit and acc." on the memo line and no numbers...

I'm currently looking at the Cat 360(and exploring all the options!), with an intended order of sometime in March, so I have it when I can get back in the water in May.
Let me know if anything develops, and when regular supply will be coming, I'm in no rush.
Allen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom