Dealer Advertisement on Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
:no Dealers and consumers

Recently, concerns have arisen regarding dealer "advertising" on the Whites thread. In order to ensure that all dealers have equal opportunity, and that Whites is not showing favoritism, we ask that all dealers not blatantly advertise that certain products are available, or that consumers should contact them for pricing on this thread. If all dealers advertised in this manner, Scubaboard would be at risk of becoming one huge "spamming website".

As this is a somewhat contraversial topic, I'm sure that we can all agree that consumers are smart - if they (the consumer) are after a product - certainly they can ask where to get the product, what pricing is etc, and other members can and will certainly offer their suggestions. However, if you are a advertising yourself as a Whites dealer, we ask that you private msg. members the information, rather than taking what was originally a potentially educational thread and turning it into your own personal "pop up" advertisment site. Scubaboard does offer a thread - Hot Deals - if you are looking to advertise our products, this is the best place for advertising.

All Dealers that advertise in in our thread may have their posts removed, and may be contacted by Whites staff regarding dealership.

I'm sure that all members and dealers can appreciate this - Scubaboard is a diverse site - we want to keep the board educational where it is meant to be educational.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me (via private message or email!) with your concerns.

Always striving to build the diving industry.....
Tyler

Whites has always had a strong stance regarding online sales, equal dealership opportunity, and supporting the brick and mortar stores that train our divers, and continue to make the industry grow.

What exactly is your stance regarding online sales? I've looked your web site over, but can't seem to find anything.....

Whites wants to do our best to maintain the integrity of our line, and to ensure that we support brick and mortar stores - the stores that train divers, and supply services to divers that are not available online. Any dealer may advertise on their own website, so long as pricing guidelines are followed.

Cheers,

Tyler

Whites has always had a strong stance regarding online sales, equal dealership opportunity, and supporting the brick and mortar stores that train our divers, and continue to make the industry grow. Whites Manufacturing will continue with that trend on Scubaboard and in the future.

Recently, concerns have arisen regarding dealer "advertising" on the Whites thread. In order to ensure that all dealers have equal opportunity, and that Whites is not showing favoritism, we ask that all dealers not blatantly advertise that certain products are available, or that consumers should contact them for pricing. Advertising in this manner treads a fine line on dealership agreements.

As this is a somewhat contraversial topic, I'm sure that we can all agree that consumers are smart - if they (the consumer) are after a product - certainly they can ask where to get the product, what pricing is etc, and other members can and will certainly offer their suggestions. However, if you are a advertising yourself as a Whites dealer, we ask that you private msg. members the information, rather than taking what was originally a potentially educational thread and turning it into your own personal "pop up" advertisment site.

All Dealers that advertise in this manner may have their posts removed, and may be contacted by Whites staff regarding dealership.

I'm sure that all members and dealers can appreciate this - Scubaboard is a diverse site - we want to keep the board educational where it is meant to be educational.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please feel free to contact me (via private message or email!) with your concerns.

Always striving to build the diving industry.....
Tyler

Hi Tyler. I am not a Whites dealer, but subjects of this nature really interest me. Where do you propose that your dealers advertise? Or, are you of the belief that your dealers are better off not advertising? What of the online dealers that are brick and mortar stores, many of them quite nice brick and mortar stores? Do you subscribe to the theory that stores should wait for someone to trip and fall into their store, then try to sell them a drysuit?

Just interested.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom