Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Drysuit boot question

Divemaster Candidate

is narced

Photos

Question Drysuit boot question

Quick question on drysuit boots as I am putting together my order for White’s:

I have Scubapro Twin Jets and when I did a drysuit demo in October 2008 with the EVO3 boots I couldn’t get my foot in my fin. I am about to order a custom fit Catalyst 360 and am stuck in a rut as to what I should do about boots. I noticed on White’s website that there is an option for 7mm molded rubber boots with a vulcanized sole covering that can be attached to the suit. I am wondering if the attached boots would be a better option so I don’t have to jack around with buying a second set of fins? Or, should I just bite the bullet and get the EVO 3's and fork out another $200 for a second set of fins?

THANKS!!!
    "I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!"--Grateful Dead

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Hey Darcy,
    I'm afriad you are stuck between a so called rock and a hard place. On one hand you could go with the Evo 3 boots and end up having to get a fin with a bigger pocket, how ever on the other hand you are looking at somewhere around $120.00 MSRP to have the vulcanized boots attached to your suit. What did you wear on your demo dive? have you had the chance to dive the Fusion yet?

Divemaster Candidate

is narced

Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish Doug View Post
    Hey Darcy,
    I'm afriad you are stuck between a so called rock and a hard place. On one hand you could go with the Evo 3 boots and end up having to get a fin with a bigger pocket, how ever on the other hand you are looking at somewhere around $120.00 MSRP to have the vulcanized boots attached to your suit. What did you wear on your demo dive? have you had the chance to dive the Fusion yet?
    I did try the Fusion on the demo dive and that is the drysuit I want (Fusion Bullet to be exact) but due to needing a custom fit I am out of luck and have to go with the Catalyst 360.
    "I may be going to hell in a bucket, babe, but at least I'm enjoying the ride!"--Grateful Dead

Scuba Instructor

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcey View Post
    I did try the Fusion on the demo dive and that is the drysuit I want (Fusion Bullet to be exact) but due to needing a custom fit I am out of luck and have to go with the Catalyst 360.
    I'm confused. There is not a better cutom fit than the fusion suit. If you don't mind what are you measurements? Or why is it the catalyst fits better than the fusion?
    Scott Williams
    Black Hills Scuba
    www.blackhillsscuba.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackHillsScuba
    NAUI CD 53906

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Hey Darcy, drop me a line and we can see what's up 1-866-652-8556 ext227, Skooter is correct the Fusion should be a better fit.

Divemaster Candidate

is narced

Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooter View Post
    I'm confused. There is not a better cutom fit than the fusion suit. If you don't mind what are you measurements? Or why is it the catalyst fits better than the fusion?
    Ha. My question exactly. It's what I was told by the dive shop. My only "issue" is I have to my knowledge is my large calves...20 inches around to be exact. (Thank you 16 years of ice hockey and 12 of pointe ballet...) I couldn't get ANY size of Fusion over my calves. Plus, I'm on some meds after my stroke that caused me to gain 30lbs and I'm trying to shed the weight (lost 10lbs. so far) and I'm afraid that I'm going to buy a drysuit and spend a ton of money and then it's going to be too big. I'm not HUGE or obease by any means, but I'm not itty bitty either. I was told that with the Fusion suits I would only have to downsize in the skin, not the entire suit as I lost the inches.

Doug, I'll be giving you a ring soon. I need all of the help I can get right now!

Scuba Instructor

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Talk to Doug, he is the man when it comes to getting things sorted out. Good luck.
    Scott Williams
    Black Hills Scuba
    www.blackhillsscuba.com
    https://www.facebook.com/BlackHillsScuba
    NAUI CD 53906