Questions for those with the Fusion suits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Im looking over the Fusion Bullet and needs some advice.

First anyone using the Thermal Fusion undergarment? How do you like it?

Second did you get a p-valve installed or the relief zipper? If so which on and do you like it?

Third Im on the fence out dry gloves. I will purchase the 5mm heat neo but I would also like to look into the dry when the water is two damn cold. What do you recommend for those with the dry glove setup? I have never dove with dry gloves before so assume I know nothing.

I like the idea of the Evo 3 boots. For those of you who have them how do you like them? Any issue with fitting them in your fins? I have size 11 feet.

Second did you get a p-valve installed or the relief zipper? If so which on and do you like it?

Just some thoughts - if you ever end up doing long dives, the P-valve would be a necessity. It doesn't cost that much. You can also use it during the surface interval if you stand at the back of the boat and pour water down your leg.

The zipper will simply make out of water relief easier. It is also easy to forget for maintenance and use, and there's plenty of stories of people jumping in with it open.

Just some thoughts - if you ever end up doing long dives, the P-valve would be a necessity. It doesn't cost that much. You can also use it during the surface interval if you stand at the back of the boat and pour water down your leg.

The zipper will simply make out of water relief easier. It is also easy to forget for maintenance and use, and there's plenty of stories of people jumping in with it open.

Thanks Jax. I have never had the opportunity to wear a "sleeve" underwater but if its anything like wearing one on land then I assume its uncomfortable. Maybe you do not notice it? I do not know. I also noticed that their are a couple of different models that Whites offers with there Fusion suit. Not sure of the pro and cons of each.

Sounds like you recommend against the zipper and just stick with the valve? Can the valve feature be "turned off" if you only plan on doing a shorter dive?

I dive a Fusion and have the relief zipper feature, and find that is perfect for just about every dive that is under whatever your personal tolerance level for a full bladder is. Of course that varies with everyone but let me apologize in advance, I am old (54 years) and grew up in the generation before so many walk around with their water bottle. Hydration is important but like anything else, can be overdone. With the zipper you can relieve yourself immediately before the dive, which is a lot different than not having one and having to strip the suit off to go after a long wait on the surface.

Of course you could always add a pee valve and leave it not hooked up unless you are on a long (or longer than your tolerance) dive.

And of course, if we are comparing really long dives, then consider wearing an adult incontinence diaper, such as Depends, which gives you plenty of relief options!

Reactions: Jax
Thanks Jax. I have never had the opportunity to wear a "sleeve" underwater but if its anything like wearing one on land then I assume its uncomfortable. Maybe you do not notice it? I do not know. I also noticed that their are a couple of different models that Whites offers with there Fusion suit. Not sure of the pro and cons of each.

Sounds like you recommend against the zipper and just stick with the valve? Can the valve feature be "turned off" if you only plan on doing a shorter dive?

My thoughts were just the logic of use and relaying the stories I've heard. No, you do not have to plumb yourself for every dive. See http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/advanced-scuba-discussions/310029-dry-suits-catheters.html.

My plumbing is a little different. She-P - The P-Valve Catheter Condom for Women

No recommendations on White's undergarments since I use DUI.

Pee valve all the way. Light Monkey would probably be my purchase today. I have a simple unbalanced bolt style on one suit and a Halcyon on my primary suit. The H brand is way superior, and since the Light Monkey is similar, with a better price...

I would recommend getting the suit with silicon seals already installed. That limits your dry glove rings since they will be SI Tech, which work fine, just change the o-ring to one size smaller. I buy the actual gloves with removable liners, from Seattle Marine, or another place, but I can't remember the name.

Wrong person to ask on boots cause I went the cheap route with Chuck Taylors, and have never found a reason to replace them.

Reactions: Jax
Went with the p-valve on my Fusion. Works great! Having one means I don't need to worry about my water consumption before a dive, or how long this dive is going to be. Guess it's really personal choice, but I much prefer the p-valve over the relief zipper.

Well, the first thing I'd say is, whatever you buy, get the SiTech Necktite system. It absolutely rocks, and will save you time and money in the long run.

I am ambivalent still about the wrist seal system. I did change out wrist seals for ones cut smaller on this trip; I could not have done that without them. But they are very bulky and limit your choices of dry gloves.

If you do not get them, I like the Viking bayonet dry glove ring system. It installs on the seal and can be easily removed for warm water diving. Installation of gloves and rings is fast and requires no tools. It is a positive lock system made for hazmat diving, so it cannot pop off, and it is generally VERY clear if you have it seated properly or not.

If you do get them, I am using the SiTech rings with them -- not the glove lock, but the older ones. They work okay.

Well, the first thing I'd say is, whatever you buy, get the SiTech Necktite system. It absolutely rocks, and will save you time and money in the long run.

I am ambivalent still about the wrist seal system. I did change out wrist seals for ones cut smaller on this trip; I could not have done that without them. But they are very bulky and limit your choices of dry gloves.

If you do not get them, I like the Viking bayonet dry glove ring system. It installs on the seal and can be easily removed for warm water diving. Installation of gloves and rings is fast and requires no tools. It is a positive lock system made for hazmat diving, so it cannot pop off, and it is generally VERY clear if you have it seated properly or not.

If you do get them, I am using the SiTech rings with them -- not the glove lock, but the older ones. They work okay.

Ok so the SiTech Necktite is this? If so why do you recommend this?
Si Tech Neck Tite Drysuit Neck Seal System - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Viking Bayonet Ring System for my hands correct? Wil this option still allow me to use wetsuit gloves or no gloves if i wish?
http://www.vikingdiving.com/public/templates/viking_showbigimage.aspx?id=2247

Yes you want the Necktite system. It allows neck seal changes in the field, along with allowing silicon seals, which is what I was hinting at earlier.

I have both glove systems and prefer the Viking rings, but will swap to SI Tech permanent wrist rings, when I completely kill my glued on wrist seals and have to upgrade. Either system will allow you to use wet gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom