Fusion skin questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickPeck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently had the SLT system installed by DRIS (nice job). When I tried the dry core on without the sport skin I have I noticed that ALL the problems I have with tight calves and ankles went away. I know the dry core is larger than the skin but I would expect that the skin would not be so restrictive. My suit was cut from the first "pattern" before Whites changed the calve sizing. I had returned the core to Whites and they added some darts that helped a little. My questions are as follows:

Has Whites changed the pattern on the sport skin like they did on the core? Is the skin bigger in the calve region?

Does the tech skin offer a looser fit for large calves?

Will the next size up skin fit my L/XL dry core?

Thanks,

Rick

Non-thanks for your non-support Whites... I see a response to another question that was posted after mine, but no replies for a DESIGN problem.

I can't answer your question about whether the cut of the skin was changed when the cut of the dry core was changed. But I can tell you that the Tech skin is cut the same as the sport, but is less stretchy, so if you are having problems getting into the suit with the Sport skin, it won't get any better with the Tech, and might get worse.

However, the next larger skin WILL fit on the suit without difficulties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom