keyman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomfcrist

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does whites still offer keyman pricing for instructors? My LDS is a whites dealer and I would like to know what the keyman deal is currently set at. If you prefer you can just PM me.

If you're working for a dealer, you may want to ask them. Some LDS owners limit the number of keyman purchases while the manufacture does not.
I doubt a manufacture like Whites is going to post that you would receive X% off Y

The problem is that the LDS likes to assume keyman does not apply to anyone except the owners. If the manufacturer can pm me the rundown on their keyman program, I can wave the BS flag when I'm told it doesn't apply to me.

Does whites still offer keyman pricing for instructors? My LDS is a whites dealer and I would like to know what the keyman deal is currently set at. If you prefer you can just PM me.

Good morning Tomcrist,
Whites as most manufactures does have a key person program. The program is subject to restrictions which include, approval by the LDS, Regional Sales manager (sales REP), and Whites head office. This program is limited to owners, and active shop instructors subject to approval.

Please contact your LDS and or local REP for more details in your area. I hope this helps.

Thank you.

The problem is that the LDS likes to assume keyman does not apply to anyone except the owners. If the manufacturer can pm me the rundown on their keyman program, I can wave the BS flag when I'm told it doesn't apply to me.

A few years ago a shop employee sent out to all the shop instructors a promotional message about keyman pricing on an item. It was a really great deal, and every one of us responded enthusiastically. It turned out to be a mistake--we were not supposed to get that message. We learned that the vendor sent out those messages regularly to the shop, but only a certain number of those deals were available each time. These were all taken by the shop owner and senior management. The employee who had sent the message out to us peons had made a mistake. Such deals were not for us.

A vendor will not want to harm its relationship with its dealers by going behind their backs and handing their employees BS flags. That would be a terrible business practice.

And that's why we love Scubapro, I can buy whatever I want, whenever I want, as many as I want, whatever size I want :wink:

Boulderjohn,

I get what you are saying, but the shop in question has owners that don't/rarely dive. There is no need for them to monopolize these deals, and there has been a suspicion for a while that the gear we order at our moderate instructor discount is bought at keyman and then marked up to us instructors. Most of that suspicion has come from an instructor that no longer works, but I felt the need to do some sidebar research prior to talking to approaching the shop owner asking for an enhanced deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom