Order question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowDrag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, is there a way to find out the status on an order even though it is going thru our local dive shop? My wife and I are getting very anxious to get our new Whites Fusion's we recently ordered. Thanks

Well hopefully when you do get yours, you get everything you ordered rather than having to wait for it a piece at a time. Whites didn't seem to be too interested in talking to me about delivery time as you can see. You are the only person who responded to my question. I must admit I am a bit disappointed so far.

Sorry for your aggravation, I know how it can be. I had issues with my suit when brand new and they made it clear to me that they don't deal directly with the customer that is what they have there dealers for. When I was able to talk to someone the standard answer was "I have never seen that", it seamed I knew the suit better than the company reps did. Justin from Whites used to be pretty active here but I believe he left the company.

Try posting your issues on there Facbook page maybe you can embarrass them enough so they either get your suit to you or at least a response.

Sorry for your aggravation, I know how it can be. I had issues with my suit when brand new and they made it clear to me that they don't deal directly with the customer that is what they have there dealers for. When I was able to talk to someone the standard answer was "I have never seen that", it seamed I knew the suit better than the company reps did. Justin from Whites used to be pretty active here but I believe he left the company.

Try posting your issues on there Facbook page maybe you can embarrass them enough so they either get your suit to you or at least a response.

Thanks Andy but getting the suits themselves was not the issue, for us anyway. It is the fact that our order came in incomplete. We were missing our rock boots (EVO3's), 3mm neoprene socks and our spare silicone seals. Along with that, they put Antares dry lock glove rings on my wife's Fit and sent her the QCP gloves and rings. I can understand that they had a promotional deal going at the time we placed our order but get ready for the influx of product order possibilities. In other words plan ahead and have the extra merchandise needed on hand. The next thing that bugs the crap out of me is that they said our EVO's were on back order and then they ran a promotional offer on boots this month. That one really irritated me. In all fairness, the local White's rep did finally find us our EVO's but it took a while. We are still waiting for our 3 mm socks and one neck seal that should have been sent with the order. Anyway, we are almost complete and once we are then all will be good. I just hope that "IF" I ever need assistance from White's they are more responsive on the phone than they have been here.

When i ordered my fusion last month my LDS owner told me that whites received a large purchase order for the EVO3s from the government at the time and they'd be hard to get for a while .

Not surprising at all. I would have been okay with that if there had been some communication.

Are you sure it's Whites not communicating vs. the shop you bought from? I purchased a Whites drysuit a little over a month ago. The shop told me right after they ordered that my boots were on back order and would arrive after the rest of the order (although they ended up coming with the suit anyway) They also told me when the package shipped from Whites.

Yep...I am fairly sure that it was White's not communicating with the shop. I am at the shop a lot, so conversations about our suits were common. I know I have posted a pretty big bitch about this but I just feel that when someone is spending around $5000 for a product a company can be a little more customer service oriented in the communications department. I love the suit so far and in fairness to White's they were running a promotional offer but I would still like to see better communication. Also, the fact that White's has not commented here should be a clue to as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom