Slight leak in the seams - new fusion one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mac.calder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Got a new fusion one, there is a slight leak in one of the feet (the left one, if it matters). The suit is brand new, I noticed a slight dampness in my sock on my training dives, but thought that might be because of how I was getting out of the suit (it was not the most dignified of exits) however being a new experience I was too busy paying attention to everything else to notice it. I was also wearing my lava-core wetsuit socks, because I did not have any thick regular socks available, which would have helped keep my feet unaware of the encroaching damp.

The next dive on it (wearing some nice thick socks), I distinctly felt a dampening of my feet as the water got up around my thighs. It took me a while to get around to inflating the suit in my livingroom with a spray bottle of soapy water to go bubble hunting - I could not find anything with the suit right-way-out, but when I flipped the inflator around and inflated it inside out, I found a slight leak in the seams where the 3 pieces of sealing tape on the heel join, coming from under the tape - so seems like a slight fail when the seam was welded.

Is this a spot that could be solved with a patch? I am just worried that as it is not a flat surface a patch will be placed under a lot of stress and strain and not adhere correctly - I will be taking it back to my dive shop on Saturday however we live and dive a temperate environment and whites is a new line they have started carrying - drysuit repair is not their specialty and I want to be well armed with info when I take it in.

Other than a damp left foot though, loving the suit! I don't think I will ever need to dive in anything else (although we will see if I say that in summer).

Back
Top Bottom