SLT mating with Sitek Glove lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my Fusion Sport and discovered, (after ruining my fingertips wrestling it off my Nexgen), that my Glovelock system won't match up with the oval rings they put on the suit:crying:
I REALLY LOVE my glovelock dry gloves after fighting for a couple of years with the Viking bayonets. It was soooo nice to just click my gloves on and off! And besides, I just spent over $200 for my Glovelocks
Now what do I do???? Is there a system that works with the oval rings?:headscratch:

---------- Post added August 20th, 2013 at 04:14 PM ----------

After a bit of discussion with my LDS, we decided to send the suit back to have the round rings put on so that I can use my Glovelocks. The downside is that it will take a few weeks. *sigh*
Oh well, I still have my Nexgen

I just got my Fusion Sport and discovered, (after ruining my fingertips wrestling it off my Nexgen), that my Glovelock system won't match up with the oval rings they put on the suit:crying:
I REALLY LOVE my glovelock dry gloves after fighting for a couple of years with the Viking bayonets. It was soooo nice to just click my gloves on and off! And besides, I just spent over $200 for my Glovelocks
Now what do I do???? Is there a system that works with the oval rings?:headscratch:

---------- Post added August 20th, 2013 at 04:14 PM ----------

After a bit of discussion with my LDS, we decided to send the suit back to have the round rings put on so that I can use my Glovelocks. The downside is that it will take a few weeks. *sigh*
Oh well, I still have my Nexgen

My LDS has sent the suit back to have the round cuff rings put on. Apparently all the new fusions have the oval rings, which in one sense is a good thing, but AFAIK, it's not compatible with any dry glove system other than the stretch over the ring method. Even the Antares oval system doesn't work with it because it doesn't have the right grooves.
If you order a suit you should make sure they know what glove system you are using.

It would be nice if they told you about a change in the rings when you ordered the suit. Unfortunately the people from Whites don't know much more about the suits than we do and from my experiences they know less.

That's weird...My wife's Fit came with the SiTech round ring gloves and the oval rings. Whites had initially put on the oval rings but sent the SiTech round ring set of gloves by mistake. Our LDS owner talked to the rep and he got us a set of Antares bayonet gloves right away. Good luck with your situation, I love my Bullet. Not real fond of the SiTech dry gloves yet but I am still new to dry suit diving. Probably just need to get used to my DS then play with the gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom