SLT issues with the attachment of the drysuit ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amilling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have just bought a Bullet SLT and love it. However, the way the sleeve core material is attached to the permanent drysuit ring, makes it difficult for me to stretch my forearm and Thermal Fusion undersuit through or into the ring. As a result, the drysuit ring and Glove Lock connector sits on my hand and not on my wrist, an inch or two from my hand. That makes docking the dry glove difficult.

The inner core sleeve is glued to the inside of the permanent drysuit ring and sealed by a rather stiff tape, also on the inside of the wring, half of the tape covering the ring and half of it covering the inner core sleeve outside the ring. The stiff tape wrinkles inwards and creates "hooks" that catches my thermal fusion and stops it from entering the ring system and thereby preventing my from fully stretching my arm through or into the ring system.

It seems to me, that the easy fix would be to attach the inner core sleeve on the outside of the permanent ring?

Has anyone experience the same issues or is this a production failure on my drysuit?

Please advise
Thanks
Asger

The mod I did in the thread that was linked to is still working out great. I still don't know why someone at whites never caught this problem and fixed it. The Fusion is not the easiest suit to don, you would think they would do anything they could to make it easier. The problem with whites is they do not consider us (us as in the end user) there customer, Whites considers its customers to be dive retailers. I was told this by several whites employees when I was having an issue with my drysuit right after I purchased it (just look at how often Whites posts here). So until the dealers start complaining about the cuff ring issue it will not change.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom