Whites Tech left arm wet most of the time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seattlepaul1975

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So most of my dives my left arm (with dump valve) is usually wet now, not soaked just wet. I have done leak checks and all is good.

I use BC for buoyancy control so not much air in suit.

I usually keep it 3 or 4 click back from full open.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Paul,
Let's check on a couple things:

-If you are comfortable removing the exhaust valve, remove the exhaust valve and check that the outer skin of your suit is installed underneath
the valve pad.

-Then when reinstalling be sure that the valve itself is as snug as you can go with your bare hands. Be sure to when turning the valve to depress the exhaust valve while turning it, verses turning it undepressed and over torquing to cause damaging the racket mechanisam.

-Once at desired depth you may want to try diving with your exhaust valve fully closed, see if this makes a difference.

Diving with just enough air in the suit to get rid of squeeze and be warm and comfortable is the best way to dive your fusion or any dry suit for that matter. If you become neutral by doing so great, no BC control needed, we agree with what you are doing use your BCD for what it's built for.

Looking forward to your reply.

The Team @ Whites

I have done the first 2 already.

I will try the option of closing at depth and see how that works.

I know that someone else I dive with has the same issue I have.

I had exactly the same problem with my newer suit. If yours is like mine, I may be able to solve your problem completely, but Whites won't like what I have to say.

I called a representative of the company that sold me the suit and told him my left arm was getting wet on every dive. He was not surprised. He asked me if I had the old SiTech valve or the newer Apeks valve. When I told him it was Apeks, he told me that was the problem. Apeks valves are notorious for leaking. he told me to keep it slightly closed and I should be OK. He was right. If I close it a little--maybe only a quarter turn--I always stay dry. If I forget and leave it completely open, my arm gets wet. I don't have to do anything with it during the dive.

I had exactly the same problem with my newer suit. If yours is like mine, I may be able to solve your problem completely, but Whites won't like what I have to say.

I called a representative of the company that sold me the suit and told him my left arm was getting wet on every dive. He was not surprised. He asked me if I had the old SiTech valve or the newer Apeks valve. When I told him it was Apeks, he told me that was the problem. Apeks valves are notorious for leaking. he told me to keep it slightly closed and I should be OK. He ass right. If I close it a little--maybe only a quarter turn--I always stay dry. If I forget and leave it completely open, my arm gets wet.

I do have apex valve. I will try this out as well
Thanks!!!!!

What Boulderjohn said. Although the SiTech valves will eventually leak, when they get older. Sometimes you can take them apart and clean them and stop it, and sometimes you can stop it by clicking down a couple of clicks, but eventually, you have to replace the valve.

I had the same problem with my Fusion when I first purchased it. Replaced the valve with a si tech and all is good.

I had this problem, too. Turns out the ring under the dump-valve was peppered with tiny little holes, according to the Whites dealer that repaired it. He swapped it out for a new one, and it's been hassle-free ever since.

Back
Top Bottom