First dive in my Thermal Fusion!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just did my first dive in my Thermal Fusion undergarment yesterday in Lake Ontario. The water was hovering around 5 celsius and the dive lasted just under 90 minutes. I was warm throughout the dive and had more mobility than I have ever experienced with other undergarments. Much to my surprise I didn't need any additional weight after switching from a 200 gram Softwear custom undergarment. I have found my secret weapon for winter diving!

Last edited:
Impressive.

I think that's the first positive thermal fusion review.....ever.

I've heard a few....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom...I am not exaggerating...I had an XM450 but found it was a bit restrictive and I needed a lot of lead to get neutral. I thought I would try the Thermal Fusion based on reviews from a few people whose opinions I trust (TSandM and a few others). Took it out for it's maiden voyage on Sunday morning and was blown away by how warm it is and how form fitting it is as well. All the stories about how difficult it is to don are exaggerated...you just put your legs in, grab the inner material and pull it up to mid thigh and you are in! I'm impressed.

Just did my first dive in my Thermal Fusion undergarment yesterday in Lake Ontario. The water was hovering around 5 celsius and the dive lasted just under 90 minutes. I was warm throughout the dive and had more mobility than I have ever experienced with other undergarments. Much to my surprise I didn't need any additional weight after switching from a 200 gram Softwear custom undergarment. I have found my secret weapon for winter diving!

Glad to hear!

I've enjoyed mine from 15 all the way down to 6C with no discomfort so far, even with a small leak around my inflator once or twice which I didn't notice until walking back to the car (although, the time the inflator hose wasn't in all the way and sucked in lots of 9C water on descent is a different experience).

Anytime I have a small leak (to the point if a damp arm, or full on body soak) I never notice it in the suit until on land (except for the previously mentioned one time hose issue).

I switched from a MK2 to the fusion, and no dispensable added weight was required either (along with the warmth, and better mobility.

BRad

I also have a thermal fusion but I am looking for a good base layer. What are people using? I was thinking about the whites mk0.

I also have a thermal fusion but I am looking for a good base layer. What are people using? I was thinking about the whites mk0.

I use a light merino wool layer from MEC. I'm sure they're starting to pop up elsewhere for cheaper (think Sport Authority/Check started carrying something similar).

Also doubles when I head to the tropics as my only layer.

I find I don't need anything else with the fusion, but wear it more for ease back at the car changing.

BRad

I just use good old fashion long underwear (a locally available Underarmour knock-off). Today's dive was 40 minutes in 36 degrees and I was fine.

I do wish it had a zippered pocket for my cars keys though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom