wrist seal broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

i have my whites fusion one since a couple of week and yesterday when i go out of the pool and removed my right it, the seal rip.

seal broken.jpg

i don't know if it's warranty, but i never see a seal so crappy.

thank

How did you take it off?
Latex seals are pretty durable but care needs to be taken when dof and doning.
To the left of the tear it appears there is a piece of seal missing. Is that from trying to remove it or was the seal trimmed that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't know if it's warranty, but i never see a seal so crappy.

Really? I've never seen one better, except that it looks like it was either trimmed poorly or had a run-in with something sharp.

Eventually all seals rip. How long it takes to rip depends on how well it was trimmed, how well you maintain it and how you put it on and take it off and whether or not you damage it. You might get 5 years out of it, or 5 minutes, if you wear rings or have sharp fingernails.

In any case, the only reason it would be warranty is if they were feeling generous, since it's actually nothing they did wrong.

When you get it replaced, see if they'll install a set of Si-Tech permanent cuff rings or similar. You'll be able to swap out a wrist seal in a few minutes for about $10 instead of sending the suit away, as well as wear drygloves.

flots.

I second the Si-Tech rings, I have them on my Bullet and love them. Quick and easy to change out a seal. I went with the silicone and have never used the latex so I can't comment one to the other but I do like the feel of the silicone and it trims very easy.

I have seen the seals on some whites suits and they are thin compared to many of the others. I would doubt you will get warranty on it. Having the rings installed is a good option to make replacement more convenient. Get it replaced with a thicker seal and you should be good.

The seal is not obviously perished, which would make it weaker and more prone to tearing.

However, it does look as if it has been trimmed and that may be the root cause.

Poor trimming and time in a pool will considerably wear a latex seal. Chlorine is very bad for latex seals. Regardless, the fix is easy. Order a kit online and watch sub you tube videos. Easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom