Is there a "My boyfriend likes dive lights more than me" support group?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rafter_

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just have to vent here, my boyfriend is currently going through a DIY dive scooter and dive light obsession and it's driving me crazy! For the last several weeks all he does is research on look at parts. Or talk to me about parts... grrrrrrr!

Don't you want a dive light or a scooter? :)

Nah, I'm fine with my dive light, and like the slight bit of exercise I get swimming while diving. Unless he's getting me some kind of dive trip to an exotic location I'm pretty much set. :)

I'm not sure if there is a support group like that but if you need I can be your personal "I would treat you better than that" group... and then you can have a new boyfriend... on an exotic location... ;o)

.....a......

Last edited:
I think that you can be included in the "My Husband/Boyfriend/significant other likes diving equipment better than mine" group. I battle with spearfishing equipment myself!

To all the lovely lady-go-divers that are in need of a break from such obsessive behavior on the part of their SOs, I offer my services. My gear is so old (and functional) and I'm so broke that I don't even dream about buying new gear... and have all the time in the world to be attentive!

I just have to vent here, my boyfriend is currently going through a DIY dive scooter and dive light obsession and it's driving me crazy! For the last several weeks all he does is research on look at parts. Or talk to me about parts... grrrrrrr!

:rofl3: I was afraid my BF would start a "My GF loves her dive light more than me" support group after raving about my Light Monkey for the past two months. :D

It seems to me that he's well within the range of NORMAL around here. :D

Eh . . . dive lights, scooters . . if it weren't that, it would be drivers, putters . . . or wheels, or paint, or mountain bikes or guns, or . . . .

It's just a guy thing. Women are MUCH better at multi-tasking our shopping and relationships! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom