Looking for custom suit maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

win

Reaction score
Looking for a resonably priced custom suit maker? I need at lease a 3mm full suit. Read reviews on Liquid Fit, sent them an email and received no response. Would like to know anyone who has used Aquaflite to get a feedback on the their product.

not to respond. I'd try her again.

Carolyn has been really sick but is recovering.

She'd be glad to take your call...1-800-785-8362

There is a wetsuit company I think it is Dive Rite, that has a book you go thru that gives you options of chest, lenght, waist, ect. It basically is ordered to fix, it comes with a choose of six colors too. I will call my dive shop tommorrow to find out for sure and get the name back to you. The price was very reasonable at 129.00. Cher

The name of the manufactor is Atlan, they have design fits and custom made, they have a website so type in Atlan suit and you should reach it. Good luck and let me know how you make out. Cher

Another custom wet suit maker is Wetwear, http://wetwear.com They use Rubatex neoprene in their suits.

I ordered an aquaflite suit in 7mil, the one with the slick interior. I was close enough to an off the rack size so that I didn't need a custom size. The service was great, the suit is great, and I would recommend them in a heartbeat. I have been at depth (60 ft) in cold water (~38 degrees) and while it's true that I was getting cold by the end of the dive, I think that's pretty good for a wetsuit. My previous 7mil was an old old Henderson with a fleece lining, and if the water dipped below 50 degrees, I would be shivering by the end of the dive. This is not a slam against Henderson - this was an old fleece lined suit, not the new Gold Core. My reason for going with the aquaflite over a Henderson Gold Core was that the aquaflite was half the cost, and they had more styles to choose from. I looked at the suits from wetwear, but none of their suits had the slick lining, which is something I definitely wanted. If they ever offer a 7mil suit with a lining like the gold core or aquaflite oceanliner, I would buy it without a doubt as Rubatex is known for superior neoprene.

They have two styles of two piece semi dry suits. One is the traditional John & jacket, and the other is a fullsuit steamer with a hooded jacket. I still have 14mm on the torso, but when it gets warmer, I can just wear the 7mil steamer by itself. I like this style better, as it is easy to don and teh zipper of the jacket is no where near the zipper of the steamer, so htye don't overlap.

I like that setup too jobowker. I think having the fullsuit makes the whole thing a little more versatile. I'd go with that config too if I was diving wet.

-kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom