women don't drive kids and husband to the diving school, they dive !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:wacko: Hi, my name is Isabelle, I am french and I have been a diving instructor for the last 13 years, teaching hundreds and hundreds of kids mums & dads how to dive. I am quite happy to see how much women have changed those last ten years. When I started my diving school, ladies used to bring they kids or take pictures of their husband, now they jump in their suit, fins, jacket and go for it.
It is fantastic because I seriously beleive that diving is made for womens temper and sensibility. Once you are in the water no more heavy bags, just light light light... look and enjoy, what a great time, I wonder why men tried to keep it just for themselves for such a long time!
Isabelle, 37 diving instructor since 1990.

to the boards first of all! You should have a great time here, and I'm sure that you will find some helpful information somewhere. It's great to hear that you have been diving for so long now, it really is a wonderful sport. Dive safe and I'll hopefully see you around the boards!:)

Kayla:)

lasireneplongee once bubbled...
:wacko: Hi, my name is Isabelle, I am french and I have been a diving instructor for the last 13 years, teaching hundreds and hundreds of kids mums & dads how to dive. I am quite happy to see how much women have changed those last ten years. When I started my diving school, ladies used to bring they kids or take pictures of their husband, now they jump in their suit, fins, jacket and go for it.
It is fantastic because I seriously beleive that diving is made for womens temper and sensibility. Once you are in the water no more heavy bags, just light light light... look and enjoy, what a great time, I wonder why men tried to keep it just for themselves for such a long time!
Isabelle, 37 diving instructor since 1990.

1.Welcome to the board!
2. Yes, you are right, but I believe it is not that men try to keep it to themselves, in my opinion most times the women believe they are not able to do it or that it is not a sport for them... and much to often their men keep pushing them to dive, sometimes with a happy end, sometimes not.

Hi Isabelle!

I've only been diving for a little over a year (and 36 dives!), but in that short time I've met several amazing women. I agree with you that it's a great sport for women and I'm very glad to see so many of them when we go on our dive trips. Women are generally better at mutlitasking, have longer attention spans and can be more relaxed, even in a stressful situation. We also seem to use much less air so we can enjoy a bit more of the dive then guys. :wink:

On our recent dive vacation there was a mother & daughter who dive together and have travelled all over the world on dive vacations together for the last 12 years. Their husbands are not divers. I've seen several father & son buddies, but it was so great to see a mother-daughter pair. I hope more mothers share their passion for diving with their daughters in the years to come.

I am the mother of 5 children. We all dive but the youngest.
5 of us are women,(4 and one future woman diver).

My daughters love it. Mostly, I love it. We went on a cruise in Jul. I was so tired the whole trip. The one day we got to dive, it was like heaven to me. During the trip, I felt like gravity was pulling twice as hard on me but once in the water, I was free. It was the only time during the trip, (diving and then some snorkeling) that I felt energized.

I am so glad we took this up as a family activity. It is the best thing we ever did.:confined:

I have been diving since 1983 and I am very glad to see so many more women that not only become certified but keep diving as well.

Julie

Sue-ba Lips:
I am the mother of 5 children. We all dive but the youngest.
5 of us are women,(4 and one future woman diver).

My daughters love it. Mostly, I love it. We went on a cruise in Jul. I was so tired the whole trip. The one day we got to dive, it was like heaven to me. During the trip, I felt like gravity was pulling twice as hard on me but once in the water, I was free. It was the only time during the trip, (diving and then some snorkeling) that I felt energized.

I am so glad we took this up as a family activity. It is the best thing we ever did.:confined:

I agree, Julie.
I love hearing stories like Sue's. So many more women and teens are getting into diving. It's a great activity to do with your family.
I have a 19 and 15 year old..both divers now. I love seeing them underwater. It's almost as good as diving is, seeing them play with each other underwater..

Bonjour, lasireneplongee! Welcome to the Board. I love your Board name. :)

Good to see so many women here who are enjoying scuba and "spreading the word".

Female divers rock! :thumb:

Welcome to the board,
Your diving experience will be a great asset to scubaboard. I love diving and am hoping to get my daughter involved this summer.

Bienvenue, amie!

I've spent a lot of time in France and Italy. I'm so happy you've joined the board!

I loved your post. Where do you dive?

My husband doesn't dive :frown: He's the one who drives me to the dive sometime! I'm glad he doesn't object too much. I enjoy diving so much! I can really relate to some of the other posts!

Joyeux noel! IM me sometime!

L2GD

:thinkingo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom