Gloves for small hands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casana

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I have to re-do the 5th dive for my OW class, and I've been told I HAVE TO HAVE glove & hood (see this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?threadid=3007 for background)

I got a diver's cap that fit ok and feels much more comfortable than a hood. However, the gloves they had are toooo big, even though they're size XS. Yes I have tiny hands. My LDS says that's the smallest size these gloves are manufactured in (?!). They're Scubapro 1.5mm (for Caribbean diving). The finger tips are too long and the gloves bunch up in the center of my hand. I'm afraid of them just filling up with water, and I'd end up swimming with ballons in my hands...

Has anyone had the same problem finding gloves that fit, & what have you done?
Thanks!
-Casana

Casana,

I am not sure what kind of gloves are acceptable, but if gloves with leather palms, neoprene backs and stretch gussets are okay, maybe I can help...

Barbara has small hands, too, and she uses Deep SEE gloves, there is no model number, etc. on them. They are XS or maybe XXS. I cannot decipher it because the label is tattered.

Hope this helps..............

Joewr(lending a gloveless hand and hoodless ear)

I have small hands, too. I tried on a lot of different brands at more than one LDS, and I found that XS was a different size in each brand. I finally settled on Akona XS. They seemed to be the smallest of the XS gloves.

If you aren't required to have "dive" gloves, you may want to look to gloves manufactured for other watersports. I used to windsurf and wore open-fingertip XXS gloves for it. Probably the best-fitting pair of gloves I have owned in my entire life. I don't remember the brand I wore, but if you're interested, I'll track the information down for you. On second thought, I may track the information down for me! :)

Julie

If the gloves are mostly for protection and not warmth, then try looking at water skiing gloves. I ware a pair that has leather palms and nylon backs, they do nicely in warm to cool water. These are made in kids sizes so a smaller size should not be too hard to find. Overtons is a mail order water skiing supplier that you might want to try.

The best diving gloves I have found are nomex aviator gloves. They are thin but comfortable. I am in the Air Force Reserves so I just snag them from the supply airmen but I am sure they sell them at Army surplus type stores.

I also have small hands. My wedding ring is a 4.5 so I know they come in small sizes!

Hope this helps!

KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom